XTERRA WETSUITS' triathlon line-up is complete with our collection of speedsuits for triathlons and open water swimming.
When a wetsuit is not legal, a speedsuit is your BEST option for speed in the water. WITHOUT A SPEEDSUIT you are forced to swim with your tri gear or bathing suit, which creates drag and slows you down.
The Velocity++ is not a neoprene wetsuit, but a slick, extremely durable suit comprised of the FASTEST material and coating available on the market. The NANO-SCS coating, with a drag coefficient of 0.021 (the lowest available), is used continuously throughout the speedsuit.
Other important features:
- No Lycra - because Lycra is drag
- Easy exit with flip-up zipper design (no leash needed)
- All frontal seams removed for less drag
- Compression-designed for better body positioning
- APPROVED through by USAT (USA Triathlon)
- Full coverage to just above the ankles
You will swim faster and more efficiently in a speedsuit, and you will swim like the very best in your Velocity:
2008 Ironman World Championship:
- Fastest Swim Overall
- 2nd Fastest Swim Overall
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd Fastest Swim - Age Group Male
- 1st Fastest Swim - Age Group Female
2007 Ironman World Championship:
- Fastest Overall Swim
- 5 of the top 8 fastest age-group swims
The Velocity++ is meant to fit over your tri-race gear. It is meant to fit snugly, especially at the chest, waist and hips. It should take you about 5 minutes to put on your suit and you will need assistance zipping up the suit. However, it will take less than 5 seconds to peel off because all you need to do is flip the zipper up and peel the suit off.