The 808 clincher is the closest thing to riding a disc in terms of ultimate speed that is currently available. It is faster than any 3 spoke, it is faster than our 404 wheelset. The 808’s patent pending ABLC dimpled rim surface combined with a rim depth of 81mm simply humbles any racecourse. This is the best all around time trial wheelset available anywhere.
The days of being blown around mercilessly on windy courses are over. The 808 provides almost as much speed a disc, without the potentially hazardous handling shortcomings. Just when you thought it couldn’t get any better, the 808 is draft legal. That’s right, you can road race the 808, and it is legal in ALL triathlon applications.
- Revolutionary dimpled 81mm deep rim
- Aluminum alloy rim bonded through exclusive m2cm process to the structural carbon rim
- Parallel aluminum braking surface provides for smooth, powerful, consistent stops
- VCLC process eliminates some of the high frequency road vibrations making for a smooth, comfortable, controlled ride.
- Zipp carbon pads highly recommended
- Built on 82/182 hubset
- Sapim CX-ray spokes 18 front 24 rear
- 1882g average weight for the set
- Shimano and Campagnolo compatible
- 700c only, may be paired with the 900 clincher disc for TT and tri races.
- Powertap option
- 884g front, 998g rear