I recently decided to participate in my first (sprint) triathlon. I have recently been all over the web trying to find the "right" information, which of course is pretty subjective. Since joining this forum yesterday, I have read nearly every newbie post, to avoid asking redundant questions. However, there are still some areas of which I am unclear.
1. After the swim, am I changing clothes or just putting on socks and shoes?
2. Do I need a seperate pair of shoes for biking and running?
3. When do I place my belongings at the transition site? When/ how do I pick them up?
4. In the beginning, should I be training for a certain length of time or should I try to complete the race distances?
5. I am already doing 2 events per day, but with rest breaks. How soon should I start doing bricks?
Just a little background:
I am 15 weeks from the race. I am in good general health, but not sure about the endurance to complete this race. I know that I can get there, I just don't know how far I have to go. I am a 29 year-old gym enthusiast, but haven't done anything competitive since high school gymnastics and track (sprints). I think that I will be OK with running and biking, but like many, it seems, I'm not sure about the swimming. I [I]can[/I] swim, but I haven't for time in y e a r s, and I wasn't that good then. :o I'm considering swimming lessons for technique at my gym. Do I have time for this, or should I just train for endurance on my own? OK, I'm babbling... you talk. :p