Unveils Head-To-Toe Gear Pack Collaboration with Trek and Oakley
(Westlake Village, CA) October 5, 2011 – California Sports Company K•Swiss will return to the forefront of the world’s triathlon community at the 2011 Ford Ironman World Championships with the unveiling of the first-ever KONA Pack. The collaborative performance package from leading Tri brands K•Swiss, Trek and Oakley, will include coordinated head-to-toe apparel, footwear, sunglasses, and bikes available exclusively for their team of professional athletes competing at Kona. The World Championships will also serve as the official retail launch of K•Swiss Spring 2012 performance footwear.
As part of the KONA Pack, K•Swiss will introduce a comprehensive footwear collection featuring new product models, colors, materials and graphics. Designed to appeal to Ironman competitors and endurance sports enthusiasts alike, the latest in K•Swiss footwear addresses all the needs of the triathlete, from stability to training, to a quick-entry water-resistant racing shoe.
Kona attendees should also look for Ironman/K•Swiss-branded apparel designed to meet the needs of elite triathletes. Features include moisture repellent and anti-bacterial fabrics, chafe-free seams, mesh inserts and heat transfer labels for maximum comfort. Select pieces feature four-way stretch fabrics, UV protection and water repellency. Also being offered exclusively at Kona is the K•Swiss Tri Kits that complement the footwear color presentation. Available for men in white/grey and fiery red/black, and women in white/Fiji blue and pink/black, the tri performance apparel retails from $60.00.
For the 2011 Ford Ironman World Championships, K•Swiss has established the men’s colorway of footwear as fiery red, optic yellow, black and silver. The women’s colorway is Fiji blue, optic yellow, black and silver. All the below styles will be available to purchase at the K•Swiss Village, located on Ali’i Drive, the main thoroughfare for Ironman athletes and fans.
BLADE FOOT RUN™ & K-RUUZ™ 1.5
K•Swiss will launch two new lightweight styles in the minimalist category in Spring 2012:
K-RUUZ™ 1.5: A light and fast racing flat with SeamFree™ upper technology and ion-mask™ water resistant nano-technology to keep the shoe light and comfortable. Features a low profile k-EVA™ midsole midfoot support shank, Duraplush™ rubber outsole and Superfoam® footbed for long lasting comfort. Defending champion Mirinda Carfrae will be wearing these on race day. MSRP: $100.00
Blade Foot Run™: A zero heel lift running shoe that promotes natural foot strike with a minimal and supportive lightweight upper constructed with air mesh. MSRP: $90.00
K•Swiss introduces two new styles using the successful Blade-Light™ Technology which uses ultra-light cushioning technology to provide protection through a series of ‘blades’ aligned to the angle of impact. The blades collapse and compress in proportion to the forces applied through the running gait. After impact, the blades return to their original shape and provide a ‘springy’ feel. The blades also provide a high level of traction when splayed due to natural foot flexion.
Kwicky QT2™: A quick transition lightweight training and racing shoe that uses QT2 upper technology for easy on-and-off. Fully-loaded with technologies, the Kwicky QT2™ uses: GuideGlide™ dual-density construction with side drainage, a Superfoam® heel crash pad and footbed, a high-density Aösta II® heel outsole for durability and resilient Duraplush™ forefoot outsole, and a TPU arch support and 3D medial posting for enhanced stability. The upper uses QT2 lacing, a first for the brand, and state-of-the-art ion-mask™ hydrophobic nano-technology and SeamFree™ technology for ultimate comfort. MSRP: $144.00
Kwicky Blade-Light™: This lightweight running shoe with stability enhancement features technology from upper to outsole to help runners achieve their personal best. The upper features SeamFree, a heat welded seamless upper construction that bonds layers of synthetic suede and TPU onto tech mesh without stitching. Also used on the upper is Ion Mask, a hydro-phobic nano technology that keeps shoes dry, light, and clean for the life of the shoe. MSRP: $135.00
Blade-Light Run™: One of the lightest neutral-cushioned training shoes on the market. Engineered for medium to high mileage efficient running. MSRP: $105.00
Following the Fall 2011 introduction of Blade-Max™ in K•Swiss’ first trail runner, the maximum cushioning technology will be featured in three new styles. Blade-Max™ Technology features athlete engineered bladed Superfoam®, a space-aged energy-return foam that resists compression and lasts longer, providing cushioning and comfort. The anatomically-placed ‘blades’ align to the angle of impact providing progressive cushioning. These blades also act as an independent suspension and allow for increased traction due to blades’ self-cleaning ability. Loose gravel and sand are swept away with each foot strike because of blades’ angled design.
Blade-Max™ Stable: A stability running shoe featuring a dynamic medial post and GuideGlide™, a unique midsole construction that centers the foot from heel-to-toe ensuring a more comfortable and stable ride. A very supportive upper featuring the heat welded SeamFree™ technology and an external heel counter for unparalleled comfort and fit. MSRP: $125.00
Blade-Max™ Glide: A neutral running shoe with maximum cushioning featuring GuideGlide construction and extremely breathable, lightweight upper with SeamFree™ technology. MSRP: $120.00
K•Swiss shoes are constructed with the industry’s best co-branded and proprietary technologies including:
- Aösta II/Aösta 7.0 Rubber Compound – High-density outsole provides unsurpassed durability from heel-to-toe.
- Blade-Light Technology – A cutting edge ultra–light cushioning technology engineered to shave seconds off your time.
- Blade-Max Technology – Athlete engineered bladed Superfoam maximum cushioning technology.
- Cushion Board Construction – Works with Shock Spring to provide support and cushioning.
- Dual Density Posting – Provides superior stability.
- Durawrap – Provides an extra line of defense against excessive toe dragging.
- DURAPLUSH™ – A high abrasion blown rubber material with excellent resiliency and impact protection qualities.
- DragGuard – Located in the high wear areas of the toe and heel offering increased abrasion-resistance
- Drainage – Performance engineered design for expelling moisture build up from inside the shoe.
- Flow Cool System – Enhances breathability and moisture management from heel-to-toe to keep feet cool and dry.
- GuideGlide – A unique midsole construction that centers the foot from heel-to-toe ensuring a more comfortable and stable ride.
- Heel Grip Lining – Made of interlocking fibers that grip the sock to minimize heel slippage.
- ION MASK™ – By P2i, is the world leader in liquid repellent nano–coating technology. Ion–mask™ gives footwear a level of liquid repellency that old technologies simply cannot match.
- K-Eva – Special formula EVA to provide maximized cushioning and enhance durability of the midsole.
- miSOUL Tech – A modular interchangeable sole system engineered for customized performance to create the most versatile running shoe on earth.
- Ortholite – Moisture-management with anti-microbial properties to keep feet cool and minimize the effects of perspiration.
- SeamFree™ – A state–of–the–art heat welded seamless upper construction that bonds layers of synthetic suede and TPU onto tech mesh without stitching. SEAMFREE™ provides total comfort and support while keeping the shoe lightweight.
- Shock Spring – Provides superior cushioning in the heel and forefoot.
- Superfoam – A space-aged energy-return foam that resists compression and lasts longer, providing cushioning and comfort.
- Si-18 Tech – PU based material compound used to enhance cushioning and disperse shock.
- Stay-Tied Laces – Acts as a catch to keep the laces tied.
- Tubes – Cushioning provided by regionally specific Tubes technology.
- Y-Beam – Mid-foot support structure anchoring the arch area with a TPU injection component.
- 3-D Posting – Engineered motion control posting to gently ease the foot back to the center of the shoe.
Founded more than forty years ago in Van Nuys, California, K•SWISS (NASDAQ: KSWS) introduced the first all-leather tennis shoe, the K•SWISS "Classic" in 1966. Since its inception, K•Swiss has rooted itself in California Sport with an aim to be the most inspiring and innovative sports brand in the market. Today the company offers performance and lifestyle footwear and apparel for several categories under its California Sports umbrella including Tennis Heritage, California Fit (Running, Triathlon and Fitness) and California Youth. K•SWISS also designs, develops and markets footwear under the Palladium brand, and owns the FORM Athletics brand. For more information about K•SWISS, visit www.kswiss.com, @KSWISS on Twitter, and Facebook/KSWISS.