WDYDTW — 9/19-9/20

Home Triathlon Forum Triathlon Discussions WDYDTW — 9/19-9/20

This topic contains 33 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of xc800runner xc800runner 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    cayman
    Participant

Tell us what you did this weekend

training, complaining, racing or just kicking back

PrinceofClydes wrote:
    I spent 14 hours this w/e down in a trench in the hot sun putting in 900′ of 2″ water line.

and, yes, PoC, even layin’ pipe ;)

RV
    Participant

Did a 3.5 hour trail run – prepping for a 50K trail run coming up.
    Run was good – had some hydration issues – but working on a new plan for that – still have a few long run remaining to get it nailed down.

Semper Tri
    Participant

Ran a local 5mi race, 32:37. 1st in AG.
    Important lessons-
    Hammer HEED + my GI system= horrible, horrible toilet time.
    And the week following my next half iron will definitely include more meaningful workouts, especially if I have a race the following weekend. My legs felt like lead from start to finish yesterday.

paganopj
    Participant

16 mile training run last night/9:48 avg pace. A PR distance for me in prep for a December marathon. Aerobically great run; balls of feet and legs were in serious pain, managed 14 before having to back off and walk some….need more cushion I guess. Plus side was a couple of times I hit a really nice stride/groove.

Today’s schedule is a 20-25 mile bike ride.

Anton
    Participant

Rode 52 yesterday on an O&B course, mix of road and trail. 3:45 with a 15 minute negative split.
    Last longish ride before next weekend.
    Short run this morning.
    Abs both days ,Garen.

jtrimom
    Participant

rest day yesterday…5 mi walk with the dog
    13 mi run and 25 mi bike today

gfd
    Participant

Hour run with my buddy and my dog. Tried to get over Not going to Philly for the Distance Run for the 1st time in 9 years. 45 minute ride. 30 minute swim.

2.5 hour ride today. 30 minute run. Nothing left now but to kick back and carb up for Saturday.

Tri_Kev
    Participant

Short run yesterday and bought a new bike, Cervelo S1 from R&A Cycles in Brooklyn. My first new bike since grammer school so I’m very excited. Took my old bike out this morning for a farewell 38 mile perimeter ride around the island before I pick up the new wheels this week. Looking foward to breaking it in next weekend!

tmhagen
    Participant

6 and 8 year old did a duathlon for Special Olympics today. Rest day after my 16 mile run!

SueR
    Participant

Friday I did strength and a 1500 technique swim, that nite I did hill repeats on a 1.5k hill (intense both up and down to be ready for the downhills in my upcoming half marathon). Saturday I ran 5k recovery real easy and ate way too much at a party. Today was 17.5k at 5:45m/km. I felt really good and comfortable and could have kept going. More importantly, my training buddy, Chewie the dog, was comfortable the whole way and had a great run today! I am hoping that he can actually do my half marathon with me. My partner, a vet, is watching him closely but he seems great and is having no trouble.

krazyfranco
    Participant

Saturday: 8 miles, comfortable pace, including a few laps around the Compton Hill Reservoir Park, which I’d never run before, though its only a mile from my place. Watched USC lose (horray!), napped, and played Euchre with friends.

Sunday: Rained all morning, so I waited until 11 AM for my run. It was nice and cool, and dodging puddles through my 12 mile run (in 93 min, 7:35 pace) was fun. 4 weeks until the Des Moines marathon.

TonisTri
    Participant

Um…absolutely nothing. My planned 8 mile run and 30 mile ride were derailed by four, count ‘em four, sick kids! Spent the weekend wiping noses and administering children’s tylenol. Tomorrow, 6:00am speedwork.

Gfd, my sister did the Distance this morning. Spectacular day down our way. Sorry you missed it!

jtrimom
    Participant
    TonisTri wrote:
    Um…absolutely nothing. My planned 8 mile run and 30 mile ride were derailed by four, count ‘em four, sick kids! Spent the weekend wiping noses and administering children’s tylenol. Tomorrow, 6:00am speedwork.

Gfd, my sister did the Distance this morning. Spectacular day down our way. Sorry you missed it!

OMG! that must’ve SUCKED! I feel your pain, but I’d rather not, if you know what I mean

GaryTimTim
    Participant
    Semper Tri wrote:
    Hammer HEED + my GI system= horrible, horrible toilet time.

I hear ya on that, HEED and me don’t get along either.

Ran 13.5 miles today in Houston…not used to the heat at all, I was worried about the hydration/heat issues, but had no problems. Now my toes hurt so I’m off to Walgreens to score some frozen peas, then ice time in the hotel!

jwillia852
    Participant

Just got back from my last sprint tri of the season. Had a PR for an overall but my splits weren’t recorded! (bad chip?). Anyways – 6/20 AG and 77/600(ish) OA. I did get passed by three guys in my AG on the run (between miles 1-3) – 6-3=?. Yahhh…

My objectives have gotten become a little more aggressive, with this one to finish in the top 30%. Which I did!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.