want to do a good olympic or half this winter…… any advice?

Home Triathlon Forum Triathlon Discussions want to do a good olympic or half this winter…… any advice?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Carlos Mx Carlos Mx 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    systemsix
    Participant

looking to do a good race somewhere warm this winter. I have the months of Jan and Feb off from work and would like to be somewhere warm and tri friendly…. anyone have any suggestions? I live in NH and it’s already in the 30′s at night…. I’m over the cold weather.

beads1985
    Participant

have you tried trifind.com?

systemsix
    Participant

yeah i’ve been looking around. More or less just looking for someone to recommend a race or a region…. i know sandiego…. i’m looking at NewZeland as well…. i need a kick in the butt to actually pack bags… Thank you though!

lala2021
    Participant

Gee must be nice to have Jan and Feb off! What i would do is travel somewhere warm and
    train for a race. Maybe Florida Sanibel Island is nice that time of year if you like peace and
    quiet if not miami! Have fun sooo jealous!:)

triNick

Not many races in the states around in that time frame, look at Ironman 70.3 Pucon for the race and the post race activities…. I did it last year and it was an awesome trip. Less than 24 hours after doing the race I up climbing the local, active volcano…

diluzio123
    Participant

I’d love to help, but I live in MN and I can’t leave my house without freezing! I hope you find something, I’d love New Zeland!

systemsix
    Participant

Me too, I think! I’m looking into $ today… doubt i’m gonna be able to afford it…. maybe indoor tri’s all winter =( or anyone know of a good training camp? any good experiences recommendations?

Toothless
    Participant

Gordon Byrn and Endurance Corner does a tri camp in Tuscon, but not until March. I know some of those guys and they are very good coaches/athletes. Chuckie V does a camp in Solvang, CA. Last year Peter Reid helped coach.

Carlos Mx
    Participant

This year there was a sprint and Olympic Tri at Manzanillo (Mexican Pacific Coast) on Feb 23. They still haven’t published when it will be for 2009, but I guess it will be in the same week. I guess that we can find out the date for 2009 in a couple of months at http://www.asdeporte.com/inlife

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.