tri’s on back to back weekends

Home Triathlon Forum Triathlon Discussions tri’s on back to back weekends

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of tri-ac tri-ac 5 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jwc5e9
    Participant

is there any downside to doing olympic tri’s on back to back weekends? I completed an oly 1 month ago with little soreness 2 days post race and think I would be okay to doing them on back to back weekends. Please advise.

KitKat
    Participant

I did a Oly the day after racing a HIM – anything is possible.

PJT
    Participant

All depends on your level of fitness and where you are at in training. ITU pros do Olys back to back on occasion and seem to do OK. :) Someone just starting out may be a bit cooked for the 2nd race, though barring injury I would think just about anyone who could finish race #1 could at least finish race #2.

FWIW, I did the 2 Olys in 2 weekends thing once. It would have worked fine except that I caught a cold the Friday before the 2nd one and raced it on very little sleep and while sick. The run was no fun.

tri-ac
    Participant

in my first season, I did my first tri (oly) then two weeks later did another and improved by 15:00 (albeit a different course)…the first had been disappointing, and i wanted revenge; and i got it! :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.