Reviews of H2O Audio?

Pin it

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of callco callco 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Tamara
    Participant

Has anyone tried one of these or heard of them? There is a discount code in active.com’s latest email and a friend was looking at purchasing one but didn’t know if they worked. Any feedback?
    http://www.h2oaudio.com

kylie
    Participant

Someone here has one… Brit? And they have said good things. At least if I’m remembering right ;)

beads1985
    Participant

I would like to know as well. It isn’t that cheap.

brittda
    Participant
    kylie wrote:
    Someone here has one… Brit? And they have said good things. At least if I’m remembering right ;)

No I have a swimp3. I really love it though. They recently had an upgrade deal where I upgraded the first generation to the new one for $100. They are not a whole lot more though.

kylie
    Participant

ahh other water-music thing :) Did you look into both of them before getting the swimp3, or are there differences?

Just curious… I think my coach might cry if he ever found out I had one!

brittda
    Participant

Well when I bought my original swimp3 about 6 years ago it was really the only good option. I might be hesitant to put my ipod into a case though– and I don’t know about having something IN my ears. The swimp3 uses bone wave conduction for sound and the “ear pieces” do not go in the ear but rather on the cheekbone. Oddly enough they sound great. Some people wear ear plugs with them, but I like being able to hear around me especially when I was swimming in a public pool, lake etc. You can do this with the swimp3. Now swimming at home it is not such a big deal though. The whole unit on the new ones is just the 2 “ear pieces” that easily attach to any pair of goggles so there is no arm band, or waist band like I see in the picture of the h2oaudio.

REALLY makes swimming more enjoyable. I am a good swimmer but do not necessairly enjoy it.

CadenceGuy
    Participant

I love mine!!! I got mine last year for Christmas and I use it for everything.

Pros – I use mine for when I run, it sits around my waist and I dont have to worry about wires running around my arms or anything (avoids snags and things like that)
    I use it on my trainer when Im riding while watching the tv with the volume off (Im ADHD so trainer rides are interesting at best)
    I use it when I swim obviously and it really helps pass the time on long swim days, or you can mix up the music for those days when your doing race pace 100 repeats and such.

Cons – This goes back to my ADHD, sometimes I find it hard to stay in a rythem because Ill listen to the music TOO much and my form falls apart haha. There is a little bit of background whooshing but its pretty minor and actually sounds kinda neat (i think) mixed in with the music, but it could be a con to some

Overall – I think its great and if you are looking at one and the bucks arent a worry for yah Id say grab one, it has soo many uses.

brittda
    Participant
    CadenceGuy wrote:
    I love mine!!! I got mine last year for Christmas and I use it for everything.

Pros – I use mine for when I run, it sits around my waist and I dont have to worry about wires running around my arms or anything (avoids snags and things like that)
    I use it on my trainer when Im riding while watching the tv with the volume off (Im ADHD so trainer rides are interesting at best)
    I use it when I swim obviously and it really helps pass the time on long swim days, or you can mix up the music for those days when your doing race pace 100 repeats and such.

Cons – This goes back to my ADHD, sometimes I find it hard to stay in a rythem because Ill listen to the music TOO much and my form falls apart haha. There is a little bit of background whooshing but its pretty minor and actually sounds kinda neat (i think) mixed in with the music, but it could be a con to some

Overall – I think its great and if you are looking at one and the bucks arent a worry for yah Id say grab one, it has soo many uses.

How do the earphones work? I have trauma with my earbuds even with my ipod (have gone through so many) popping out when I run and they get sweaty.

CadenceGuy
    Participant

I posted a picture below that will give you an idea of the headphones themselves. As far as the earbud attachments its a rubber bud that goes over the speaker and it has a 3 ring/ridge kinda thingy on it so the small fits down in your ear, middle one blocks off the middle part of your ear and soo on to the large. It helps in keeping water out of your ear soo much. There pretty comfortable if yah ask me and Ive never had a problem with them falling out or getting all out of adjustment.

brittda
    Participant

looks cool! thanks— well if/when my swimp3 dies, I may get one. My first swimp3 died (the battery eventually wouldnt recharge) but I used it every time I swam for years so it was bound to happen. They still upgraded it for me :)

CadenceGuy
    Participant

you can get a new ipod to fit into your H2O setup for like 75 bucks now so its not that bad

brittda
    Participant

yeah gonna need another one of those soon– my battery is having issues.

callco
    Participant

I love listening to music while I swim. It keeps me going. However…

I have the h2o Audio case for the iPod Shuffle (http://www.h2oaudio.com/shop/product.php?productid=4). The Shuffle, as you’re probably aware, is only about one inch square. But the h2o case for it is roughly the size of a house. So for me I have a hard time figuring out where to put it when I swim. If I wear it on my jammers I’m showin’ crack within 200 meters. If I strap it to my arm I don’t get good clean arm movement and extension. In all cases it seems to produce some serious drag. Maybe that’s just psychological?

I would like to try the headset for the iPod Shuffle (http://www.h2oaudio.com/shop/product.php?productid=41), especially if Natalie comes with it. :)

So, in the end, h2o offers quite a few different products. You might want to be more specific about which mp3 player you use and maybe which h2o product you’re interested in. Or, maybe you could just get one and wear it on your jammers so I won’t be the only one flashin’ crack in the lap pool.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘Triathlon Gear’ is closed to new topics and replies.