Recipes

Pin it

This topic contains 21 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of thehitman thehitman 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    grove6543
    Participant

Hey guys,

I was wondering if some of you could post some recipes that are full of everything you need to train. Iv’e found some but I know you guys have allot of them. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, If you got them post them.Thanks

Daniel
    Participant

Oatmeal with pecans,honey,raisins, and soy milk!

panchotri
    Participant

last month triathlete’s magazine published the recepie of a super smoothie. I have not yet try it because I don’t have the whey protein but I’m going to trader’s today and will prepare smoothies today. I’ll let you know later how it taste. . The smoothie is rich in recovery enhancing antioxidants, here you go: 1 cup of soy milk, 1 scoop of chocolate whey protein powder, 1 carrot, a few spoonsuls of non-fat vanilla yougurt, a half-cup of frozen berries, a spoonful of penut butter, 1 cup of orange juice, ice and water for thickness.

Kevo
    Participant

Sounds good but I don’t know about the carrot!!?

newbieclaire
    Participant

Here are three of my favorite go-to meals/mini-meals:

Fat free yogurt with Splenda, coconut, sprouted grain cereal, and mixed berries. The Splenda is for sweetening only; coconut’s optional; sprouted grain cereal tastes a whole lot better than it sounds (look in health food stores or places like Whole Foods grocery), and berries are just good for you. The sprouted grain carries a lot of protein and is all-natural.

Low-fat cottage cheese with soy protein powder and chooped up fruit.

Almonds and dried apricots.

inlovewithcerve
    Participant

Alright, this one keeps you frim nearly everyhing after drinking it. Believe me.
    500 gr. curd
    2 bananas
    a few spoons of cacao
    yoghurt
    and milk

Has anyone got some recipes for making my own bars?? Something like the Clif-bars, maybe you know something.

kylie
    Participant

My favorite thing to cook (when I have time for such things) is BBQ chicken. Either with BBQ sauce or other random sauces or spices. Throw it on the grill, and making rice or pasta, and veggies takes about the amount of time it takes the chicken to cook. Oh, and I make extras and have food for a few days :-)

lctri
    Participant

Turkey Marsala…

start by sauteing some shrooms in a fry pan with some olive oil – set aside

brown some turkey cutlets on each side.

Add marsala wine for a few minutes… throw in some capers and shrooms and let steam for 4-5 minutes.

serve with your favorite rice… and maybe some asparagus.

had some last night…. really hits the spot.

BrettD58
    Participant

My wife makes this dish called Golden Bowl….basically its tofu fried in nutritional yeast and served over steamed veggies and brown rice with cheese on top. Great fuel meal.
    (Disclaimer-May cause wicked bad gas…not responsible for spoused choosing to sleep downstairs on the couch with the cat)

bluebirdbiker
    Participant

Ok, I should add this in. Many have tried it and love it. Its my fav. but remember the result of eating this (gas) is ONLY to be used as afterburners on the bike for extra speed and to ward off competitors :eek: : Great after a hard workout.

1-2 cup whole wheat noodles
    1 bulb garlic (yes bulb)
    3-4 eggs (one with yolk, other s w/o)
    1 cup spinich
    50g tofu (firm)
    1/2 cup bok choy
    1/2 cup brocolli
    1/2 cup mixed peppers (green, yellow, red etc.)
    1med. onion diced into little cubes (or what ever size you wish)
    top off with parmesan cheese (as desired)

Fry garlic and onions in pan w olive oil, then add in eggs (scramble all together). Separately, fry up veggies. After, mix together and enjoy with protien shake. Yum

paragon
    Participant

Check my blog http://paragon.triathlonlife.com, I post my recipes there (only 3 at the moment) but all good for you and easy to make.

bluebirdbiker
    Participant
    inlovewithcerve wrote:
    Has anyone got some recipes for making my own bars?? Something like the Clif-bars, maybe you know something.

Here ya go. I got one that works:

Protein Bar Recipe

1 Cup Instant Oatmeal
    1 Cup Instant Dry Milk
    6 Scoops Protein (Flavor is up to you)
    2 Tbsp Flax Seeds (Optional, but recommended)
    1/2 Cup Water
    1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
    5 Tbsp Peanut Butter

1. Mix ingredients in a bowl
    2. Spread Mixture onto a cookite sheet
    3. Cut bars & place sheet into the refridgerator for 1 hour.
    4. Wrap each bar in seran wrap and store in the refridgerator.

macfights
    Participant
    Quote:
    1 Cup Instant Oatmeal

is this the stuff that cooks quicker or the microwaveable stuff? can you use regular oatmeal?

bluebirdbiker
    Participant

dunno, I just use the regular quaker oatmeal stuff. just means that the oats will not be as ‘tender’ i guess.
    BBB

inlovewithcerve
    Participant
    bluebirdbiker wrote:
    Here ya go. I got one that works:

Protein Bar Recipe

1 Cup Instant Oatmeal
    1 Cup Instant Dry Milk
    6 Scoops Protein (Flavor is up to you)
    2 Tbsp Flax Seeds (Optional, but recommended)
    1/2 Cup Water
    1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
    5 Tbsp Peanut Butter

1. Mix ingredients in a bowl
    2. Spread Mixture onto a cookite sheet
    3. Cut bars & place sheet into the refridgerator for 1 hour.
    4. Wrap each bar in seran wrap and store in the refridgerator.

Thanks a lot for the recipe. Hopefully I can get all the stuff needed. How do I get Protein??
    I think I am gonna switch it around a little bit, because Instant Milk is not on my list of favourites.
    What do you think: Changing the Dry milk into reak milk and dropping the water? I’ll try it tomorrow with my grandma, she can help me. She is a pro when it comes to baking!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

The forum ‘Health/Nutrition’ is closed to new topics and replies.