Power meters

Home Triathlon Forum Triathlon Discussions Power meters

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of lloydte lloydte 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lloydte
    Participant

Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone has used or does use a power meter?? I have entered IM france in late june and was wondering if it would be a good investment and improve my training over the next 6months or so??

Does anyone else also think that its all gadgets gadgets gadgets as I have my HRM, my cycling comp with cadence….etc…etc…..is there enough room on my bike to have a power meter as well….more importantly is there enough room in my ever diminishing funds!!! when are we going to see a cycling computer that actually talks you…”think you might wanna ease off a bit there Tim its a long race and I have a feeling your gonna bonk……”

Cheers

mdd
    Participant

http://www.trifuel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7000

Check that thread out. It has some good info on this topic and was good links to check out.

glbrum
    Participant

the power meter is the best improvement you can make, even more than aero wheels or aero helmets. It will help your training forever, not just the next 6 months. I’m not sure about the Ergomo, but I know that Power Tap and SRM incorporate cadence, HR, speed, and power readings into their computer interface, meaning you just went from 3 gadgets to 1 gadgets at you get all the same readings.

EDIT: check the thread above!

mdd
    Participant

Ergomo meter has everything that the SRM and PowerTap has. It is superior to PowerTap because you don’t need a new one for every wheel set that you own. It is inferior to SRM because it is slightly less accurate. I personally feel that Ergomo is the best PM for AGers because it is less expensive than SRM, can be used with any wheelset unlike powertap, and has readouts equal to or superior than powetap but slightly less good as SRM.

Just my opinion.

lloydte
    Participant

thanks guys think i’m gonna have to weigh the cost of the different ones and get out and buy one!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.