M Dot Tattoo?

Home Triathlon Forum Triathlon Discussions M Dot Tattoo?

This topic contains 44 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of nyfan21 nyfan21 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    diluzio123
    Participant

I’ve read this debate a couple of times and wanted to see where others stood on this issue. Is getting an M Dot Tattoo after completing an Ironman ok?

jhudalla
    Participant

::Search Button::

Me personally, I want to get some ink-done when I finish my 1st IM, but I’m thinkin it’s going to be more of the 140.6 sort. Personal preference. I think it’s awexome when I see people w/ m-dot tattoos, it’s like some sort of extended family.

TriSooner
    Participant

You tell me.

mdot.jpg

snapdragon
    Participant

My husband and I each got m-dot tattoos for our 10th anniversary. He finished his first IM in 2003 and I finished in 2005.

We also raced together for our 10th, which was great. My first triathlon ever was the morning we got engaged. We did that race together too. Our oldest son did his first youth tri last summer at almost 6 years old. He did great, once we got out of the way. He is “training” now for this year’s event.

I love the tattoos. It didn’t hurt either. It’s a great conversation starter.
    Sara

jhudalla
    Participant

wow.. I’m thinking mine will be on my thigh where only special people can see it… or down the outside of my quad… who knows. I may get a tattoo on my face like mtyson.

laprokop
    Participant

I will be getting one as well. Although My Baby’s momma does not think its a good idea she said it was like I am gloating/showing off by getting one. I dont care though… I mean think about it how many of the actualy human beings on earth can actually finish one… If people think it is gloating I say… Gloat on!

kylie
    Participant

I’m not a fan — to me it is a brand, and I don’t really want permanent logos for any brand of something I like on my body. Plus I am not a fan of tatoos on myself in general. If I did want a tatoo, it would probably have a tri aspect to it but would not be a company logo but something that had more meaning for me personally.

beads1985
    Participant

Got one on my lower right calf. I did IM Florida. It is small but I wanted it.

tsilcyc
    Participant

All the cool kids are getting the Blue Screen of Death…

awesometattoo.jpg

gfd
    Participant

TriSooner, that is the nicest one I have seen.

I went with a capital T with 3 circles above on my left shoulder. The circles have an S, B, and R in them and the T has 140.6 across it. All black with yellow letters and numbers. I love it. If I had a digital camera I would post a pic.

ChunkyB
    Participant

Holy crap. That blue screen of death tattoo is the bomb. Almost as cool as the kid who burned PacMan into his skin with a laser etcher.

Personally, if I was going to get a triathlon tattoo, I’d get a more non-brand specific one. I have seen a few with flowing pictures of someone swimming, biking, and running, and they’re the bomb.

tattoo.jpg

1343472840_7f58994f63.jpg

diluzio123
    Participant

Love the pics! TriSooner great Tattoo!!! Love hearing everyones opinions.

TriSooner
    Participant
    gfd wrote:
    TriSooner, that is the nicest one I have seen.

psst . . . it is actually a cover-up . . . of an -ex’s name, hence the size. And kylie, you’re right: after I got it, I realized it was a corporate logo no different than a Ford tattoo. Don’t point out the obvious!

StephenPDennis
    Participant

Personally, I don’t buy the idea that some tattoos are just for the wearer, a tattoo is very ‘outgoing’ message. So for me, it would have to be something I would everyone to see and it would have to convey a message that I would proud for everyone to know. So, yes I’ve wanted an ironman tattoo for a few years but after reading these posts it definitely wont be an mdot, not sure what it would be yet but I think I’m going to have pleeaaannnnttttyyy of time to decide!

Mike20124
    Participant

I’m sticking with the idea that the name Ironman and the MDOT logo are much bigger than a corportate logo. Like the tread about doing a 140.6 mile distance and calling it an IM. IM and the logo are synonymous with the event like kleenex,xerox, coke (as mentioned in the other thread). And I have an MDOT tattoo and don’t feel I’m advertising a brand –

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.