Ingrown hair on my taint

Pin it

This topic contains 64 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of jtrimom jtrimom 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Milesofsmiles15
    Participant

At first i thought it was just a weird sore from my new bike shorts, but it’s slowly been getting worse, and i remembered, it started a week after i shaved my legs and some of the surrounding area. I can barely see, and among the other hairs it seems like one is coming out of the sore. I tried to tweeze it out, but no luck. it’s getting really painful, is there any way to ease it out without necessarily being able to see it? I still live at home and am not at all comfortable having my parents get it for me, should i just make a dr’s appt?

CadenceGuy
    Participant

Just dig that bad boy right outta there!!!! Is ‘taint’ the medical term for that area?, Bueller, Bueller. Ive never had one in that area before but just get at it, more so right after the shower when the skin is soft and the poors and all are open.

Milesofsmiles15
    Participant

i can’t even get a good view of it!! i would love nothing more than to dig it out, i even tried setting up an elaborate mirror system, but no dice

TriSooner
    Participant

Are you sure it is an ingrown hair? Probably a saddle soar. I know TMI, but my little blister buddy looks/feels like an ingrown, but it aint. My mission in life is to convince people of the greatness that is duct tape on the perenium

medium_483869467_cab1e0e76c_o.jpg

Milesofsmiles15
    Participant

from what i can see there is even a little white puss like cap on the top of it

and no, i’m not sexually active, so it’s nothing like that

brittda
    Participant

probably a saddle sore….welcome to the wonderful world of cycling.

Milesofsmiles15
    Participant

How would i get ride of a saddle sore? i’ve had it for around a month, i’d think a saddle sore would go away before that.

stewarba
    Participant

You really need to get in there! something like this:

heads-up-2.jpg

diva_mom
    Participant

A candidate for the TMI award?

tri-ac
    Participant

milesofsmiles – preparation H is good for post ride troubles like saddle sores…it reduces the swelling and tenderness

trisooner – is the duct tape a mediating layer or a hair waxing technique? [rrrrrripppp! arrrrrgh!!!] or both?

jbird2131
    Participant

i dare you to post a pic.

cutiger95
    Participant

Only solution that I know of is to get in there and get her out. You really need a girlfriend who is in the medical field. Try a nurse and these issues will take care of themselves.

beads1985
    Participant
    cutiger95 wrote:
    Only solution that I know of is to get in there and get her out. You really need a girlfriend who is in the medical field. Try a nurse and these issues will take care of themselves.

That is what you do when you have a girlfriend in a medical field,….
    …when you want to break up with her.

Seriously, if you tried clhot compresses and other self remedies make an appointment with your Doctor.

Second, stop shaving your ‘taint’
    The hair down there is supposed to be there to help you and shaving it won’t make you more aero or any sexier to the ladies.

Good luck!!

emzman
    Participant

I’ve got a story for you all. I had a similar problem a couple years ago. I had a hair follicle get infected around my sit bone. I didn’t think anything of it. I thought that if I wash good enough down there, that it would eventually go away. A week later, the infection got worse, to the point where I couldn’t sit down. I ended up going to an urgent care facility where the doctor ended up cutting open the infection and squeezing out all the puss. She put gauze in the hole and I had to wear a maxi pad for the next 3 days because of leakage. This whole ordeal was very embarrassing in the fact that the doctor was very beautiful. If you have good insurance, I would go and have a doctor look at it before things get worse.

theShiba
    Participant
    jbird2131 wrote:
    i dare you to post a pic.

Pics or it didn’t happen…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)

The forum ‘Health/Nutrition’ is closed to new topics and replies.