IM Germany (Frankfurt) or IM Lake Placid?

Pin it

Home Triathlon Forum Triathlon Discussions IM Germany (Frankfurt) or IM Lake Placid?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of tri@thlete tri@thlete 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tri@thlete
    Participant

HI All -

Wondering what people think about IM Germany vs. IM Lake Placid? Which one would you rather do? Why? Any knowledge of the course? Hillier? Crowd, logistics, support?

TriSooner
    Participant

I just did IM Germany and wrote a race report about it:

http://trifuel.com/forum/14784/race-report-ironman-germany-plus-tour-de-france-and-pamplona

I haven’t done LP, but I would obviously recommend Germany because it is on the first weekend of the Tour de France and San Fermin in Pamplona, Spain. If you are going to the trouble of crossing the Atlantic to do a race, you should get as much as possible out of the trip.

tri@thlete
    Participant

Thanks TriSooner!

Awesome report and sounds like an incredible experience! Congrats on the finish and trip. Actually, I am an American living in London (over 2 years now) and did IM Germany 70.3 last year…thus, very familiar w/ how FAST the Europeans are on the bike and in triathlons!

Anyone do both races?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.