Pin it

Home Triathlon Forum Triathlon Discussions GOING TO ALCATRAZ!! ESCAPING THE ROCK!!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of paganopj paganopj 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of CadenceGuy

So my comeback to racing has purpose now. Since April of 09 I have been working through, and still continue to work through, something in my ankle that has yet to be fully diagnosed and remedied. A couple months ago I figured, “What the heck” and applied for a lottery slot in the Escape from Alcatraz race for 2012 (my most current couple of doctors have both said that they dont think training will in any way affect what I already have). Well two weeks ago I was sitting on the phone at work, talking with my wife, when I got an email that said, “Prepare to Escape!” I almost fell out of my chair!!! I have a ‘tune-up’ race scheduled for mid-May but this will be my first real attempt at racing since August 2009, Im considering myself a rookie again. Ive mentally grasped the fact that this is going to be the hardest thing I’ve ever done and Im certainly up for the challenge. Ive started to outline a basic training program working backwards from race day and have even started to get my nutrition back on track; why diet if your not racing?! Im more then certian that there are a few Trifueler’s who have done this race and Im reaching out to the masses just to add info to what knowledge I already have. Anyone got anything they can throw my way?!

Profile photo of maggiemeans

So awesome!!!!!!!
    I really would love to do this race some day… very jealous!!!

Profile photo of UFTriGator

Buy a neoprene cap and toe covers.

Profile photo of Ironmom

No advice, but AWESOME. Way to break out and get back on the horse!

Profile photo of jtrimom

WOOHOO!!! You’re gonna have a BLAST! Can’t WAIT for the RR :)

Profile photo of paganopj

That’s cool! Congrats and good luck.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.