GOING TO ALCATRAZ!! ESCAPING THE ROCK!!

Home Triathlon Forum Triathlon Discussions GOING TO ALCATRAZ!! ESCAPING THE ROCK!!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of paganopj paganopj 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    CadenceGuy
    Participant

So my comeback to racing has purpose now. Since April of 09 I have been working through, and still continue to work through, something in my ankle that has yet to be fully diagnosed and remedied. A couple months ago I figured, “What the heck” and applied for a lottery slot in the Escape from Alcatraz race for 2012 (my most current couple of doctors have both said that they dont think training will in any way affect what I already have). Well two weeks ago I was sitting on the phone at work, talking with my wife, when I got an email that said, “Prepare to Escape!” I almost fell out of my chair!!! I have a ‘tune-up’ race scheduled for mid-May but this will be my first real attempt at racing since August 2009, Im considering myself a rookie again. Ive mentally grasped the fact that this is going to be the hardest thing I’ve ever done and Im certainly up for the challenge. Ive started to outline a basic training program working backwards from race day and have even started to get my nutrition back on track; why diet if your not racing?! Im more then certian that there are a few Trifueler’s who have done this race and Im reaching out to the masses just to add info to what knowledge I already have. Anyone got anything they can throw my way?!

maggiemeans
    Participant

So awesome!!!!!!!
    I really would love to do this race some day… very jealous!!!

UFTriGator
    Participant

Buy a neoprene cap and toe covers.

Ironmom
    Participant

No advice, but AWESOME. Way to break out and get back on the horse!

jtrimom
    Participant

WOOHOO!!! You’re gonna have a BLAST! Can’t WAIT for the RR :)

paganopj
    Participant

That’s cool! Congrats and good luck.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.