Goggle allergies

Home Triathlon Forum Archived Discussions Triathlon Gear Goggle allergies

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of brittda brittda 3 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Styil
    Participant

So I work in the local triathlon shop / LBS / fitness stuff. I’ve had recently two people come in and look for the mask style goggles, think Aquasphere Seal XP or Vistas, but have silicon allergies. Wondering if anyone else has encountered this or if there are any solutions out there for people that have this allergy but still want the fit and feel of the larger mask style goggles, or are they stuck with the cruddy cheap Speedo Sprint type goggles?

brittda
    Participant

What do you mean “cruddy” goggles? Masks not only look totally dorky, but take up more surface area and cause drag. Why do you think it is the pro’s either in Tri’s or swimming events dont wear them?

If you have to wear a mask ok, I can get that, but it’s not the goggles that are cruddy :)

Styil
    Participant

I just meant the sprints. They just don’t last very long. The foam tears off really fast, they leak, I have a lot of people returning them complaining that they’re no good, and don’t understand that’s what happens when you buy $4 goggles

brittda
    Participant

ahhhh gotcha. I wear 2 kinds. 1. the womens TYR Vanquisher they have a silicone outside which doesnt tear off like the foam..they are about $16. They also have a mens version. Also wear the sweedish goggles, which have no foam so may actually work for people with an allergy. Depends on my mood, and lighting outside. TYR has a socket rocket 2 which has a thin silicone gaskit around the rim and is very similiar to the sweedish. Are slightly more comfy, and run about $8 for the regular ones, $16 for the ones for outside.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Triathlon Gear’ is closed to new topics and replies.