Felt B12 vs. Cervelo P2C Ultegra

Pin it

This topic contains 22 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of eli411 eli411 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ndtriathlete
    ndtriathlete
    Participant

Assuming fit is good with both bikes, what are your thoughts on the Felt B12 vs. the Cervelo P2C Ultegra? I can get the Cervelo for retail $2500 and the Felt B12 for $2,399 ($300 below retail). I presently ride a Felt F4, so I’m a bit partial to the Felt.

http://www.feltracing.com/08/product.asp?catid=1504,1509&pid=8710

http://www.cervelo.com/bikes.aspx?bike=P2C2008

Thanks for your thoughts!

Profile photo of Iron Dan
    Iron Dan
    Participant

You probably couldn’t go wrong with either one. If it was up to me I would go with the felt because it is a little less expensive (even though when you are spending that much on a bike, $100 is not that much more) and I personally like the look of the Felt alot more than the Cervelo. However, Cervelo is the “it” bike to have right now and there is a reason for that because they make top notch stuff.

My vote is for the Felt.

Profile photo of tri-ac
    tri-ac
    Participant

just get the Felt…it’s sexier

ndtriathlete
    Participant

Yeah, tThe Felt B12 really caught my eye. It looks a lot more impressive in person, in my opinion. The combination of the black fade and clear coat really stands out.

Profile photo of fastdog5
    fastdog5
    Participant

+1. Faced with the Felt vs. Cervelo dilemma last fall, I went with the Felt & couldn’t be happier.

Profile photo of ChunkyB
    ChunkyB
    Participant
    tri-ac wrote:
    just get the Felt…it’s sexier

+1. That is one of the sexiest bikes I’ve ever seen. I keep looking over my shoulder to make sure my wife can’t see what I’m looking at.

ndtriathlete
    Participant

ChunkyB,

I hear you brother. Wife is right next to me.

Profile photo of PJT
    PJT
    Participant

The wheels on that Felt, while not exactly pure aero race wheels, are a nice upgrade over most stock wheelsets. If you don’t have dedicated race wheels, that is another mark in the Felt’s favor.

Profile photo of Pete L.
    Pete L.
    Participant

I’ve always liked the cervelo. looks rad on with the white.

Profile photo of tsilcyc
    tsilcyc
    Participant

I’ll go against the grain… P2C.

Bikes are negotiable. If they won’t negotiate on the price, get free stuff or service.

Profile photo of tsilcyc
    tsilcyc
    Participant

Here’s a great article on the P2C…

http://www.bikesportmichigan.com/reviews/p2c-08-ultegra.shtml

Profile photo of chekmarks
    chekmarks
    Participant

bikesportmichigan.com has a great article comparing the $2500 price point for triathlon bikes. included in it are the P2C ultegra and B12. i currently am facing the same dillema. its worth the read.

ndtriathlete
    Participant

I checked out that Bikesportmichigan article (they have a lot of really informative articles on that site) and both the Cervelo P2C Ultegra and the Felt B12 seemed to come out on top consistently in most categories. It sounds like they’re very comparable. To me, it’s coming down to appearance. If I could get the P2C Dura Ace paint job on the Ultegra, I’d probably go that route, but the black and silver paint job on the Ultegra just doesn’t do it for me. I know that’s shallow, but when all else is relatively equal, I want to smile when I see my new bike.

p.s. – the proprietary aero wheels seem to put the Felt over the top, anyway.

Profile photo of tsilcyc
    tsilcyc
    Participant
    ndtriathlete wrote:
    I know that’s shallow, but when all else is relatively equal, I want to smile when I see my new bike.

You’re talking to the guy who has the bike with matching wheels with matching suit with matching sunglasses. You’ll get no argument from me on your color choice. :)

Profile photo of bgreinke
    bgreinke
    Participant

I had the same debate back in December. I rode both bikes and like them both, but ended up going with the Felt and don’t regret it for a second. Haven’t had any issues, though I’m thinking I may change out the saddle. I can also say I posted my fastest Half-IM bike split with it two weeks ago. My (biased) advice, go with the Felt.

PS – I posted my review of the B12 here on trifuel, for what it’s worth

Braden

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

The forum ‘Triathlon Gear’ is closed to new topics and replies.