Computrainer

This topic contains 7 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Gary3 Gary3 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    trimas
    Participant

Anyone have one? and what do you think of it?

Thanks,
    Matt

UFTriGator
    Participant

It’s better than using a regular trainer (marginally). However, the power output and pedal scan are VERY helpful IMO. I’ve done all kinds of fitting adjustments on one and have been able to get more dialed in than I could have gotten from just a regular bike shop fitting. It’s also great for doing test sets and for being extra anal with intervals.

JamieM
    Participant

Yeah all of the above. I’ve been able to use one a few times and the data it provides is very useful for directing training.

mdd
    Participant

It helps make indoor riding a little bit less boring.

PJT
    Participant

You may want to call around to some local bike shops to see if they offer computrainer demos or group workouts/races (usually the group workouts have a small fee). It’s a great way to see for yourself if you like them.

My view: computrainers are definitely more fun and the power feature is very nice. However, I can get the just about the same workout benefit (minus the power data) by using my fluid trainer and some good spinervals DVDs–for about 1/4 of the price.

tri-ac
    Participant
    PJT;83402 wrote:
    However, I can get the just about the same workout benefit (minus the power data) by using my fluid trainer and some good spinervals DVDs–for about 1/4 of the price.

sorry to hijack, but does anyone know if spinervals or CTS videos are on netflix?

jerallen
    Participant

I love my computrainer, and don’t forget the new software that will be coming out in December that has the actual video of the courses. I used to have the fluid 2, but i found that it didnt provide enough resistance, the computrainer has the load generator which really challenges me.

Gary3
    Participant

Get one if you can afford it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Triathlon Gear’ is closed to new topics and replies.