Anyone planning on racing IM Kansas 70.3?

Home Triathlon Forum Triathlon Discussions Anyone planning on racing IM Kansas 70.3?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Tinparsnips Tinparsnips 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kiwi
    Participant

Its the closest NA IM race to me (still a 10 hour drive) and am thinking about entering. But training through a Colorado winter and trying to get some bike miles in is going to be tough. Am wondering if it is going to sell out like all other IM races do.

Anyone?

mgetting
    Participant

I signed up for it – I live in Iowa so I won’t be doing too much outdoor riding until April

tri4fun64
    Participant

Kansas has an IM?

kylie
    Participant

The sell-out really fast is for the IM races — the 70.3 tend to take a bit longer to sell out. The most popular ones do still sell out in advance (I think the CA one sold out about a month ago and is in April) but I bet some of the new ones will be open for a bit longer. Some of them have news posts about how full they are, but it doesn’t look like that one does yet. You could also send off an email and see if you could find out how full it is so far. It looks like they don’t have too much up on the website yet, and I don’t see it on the ironman.com events page since it’s info there might have a contact (but I might be missing it).

P45
    Participant

I am registered and spoke to the RD this week. Registration is filling nicely, and slots are still available. This should be a great event, with a closed bike course and race site camping. Should be a pretty tough course also considering the land layout around Clinton Lake. Lots of wind, hills and heat. What else could you ask for?

Kiwi
    Participant

So I just entered for Kansas. Time to start training.

Tinparsnips
    Participant

I’m in too…well almost. I’ve got to get all my holiday spending out of the way before I drop $175 on myself, even if it’s for a race.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.