Anyone do the Devilman?

Home Triathlon Forum Triathlon Discussions Anyone do the Devilman?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of gfd gfd 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    TonisTri
    Participant

Has anybody done the Devilman in NJ? This race is just shy of a half ironman (S=.9 B=40 R=8.8)and i am thinking of using it for a training day for RI70.3 later in the season. Any thoughts/details are appreciated. Thanks, ~Toni

macker
    Participant

I did it when it was a full half IM in 2006. I am sure the race has changed, but then the swim was rough b/c of so much ‘crap’ in the water, it was merky and just odd. I bet it is better now though. Bike was not too bad. Some wind if i recall, relatively flat. Run was flat too…got hot even though it was early may….not a great bit of advice..I am sure you’ll get better race info from someone else.

big 3
    Participant

Take a look at Black Bear. I guess they got rid of the half iron and added an olympic.
    http://www.cgiracing.com/2009Events/BlackBearTri.aspx

It’s a clean swim, tough bike and a good run. Very nice area.

TonisTri
    Participant
    big 3 wrote:
    Take a look at Black Bear. I guess they got rid of the half iron and added an olympic.
    http://www.cgiracing.com/2009Events/BlackBearTri.aspx

It’s a clean swim, tough bike and a good run. Very nice area.

Black Bear looks beautiful. I should put that one on my list. I am intrigued by the odd distance of the Devilman, and the date is good on my racing calendar. But now two people are referencing the mucky lake. Hmmmm…

beads1985
    Participant

I was going to do it but I heard the swim was pretty nasty so I skipped it.

gfd
    Participant

The Black Bear is excellent. Cold swim, hilly bike, and flat run. What more could you ask for? It is becoming a very large race for the venue. A stright shot up the Northeast extension of the PA Turnpike gets you very close to the lake.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.