Advice

Pin it

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of danieljw danieljw 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jjelinkova
    Participant

Hi, I’m sorry for my bad English. I would advise needed. I begin with the triathlon, while I train five times a week. Training Schedule I of trifuel.com, I just modified it a little by themselves. I am slim, but I have weak muscles, because I’ve never done before. I have no problem with being overweight.
    I do not know how I eat. I do not eat fatty, fried. I know I drink a little, but I do not know how I should drink more. Drink up to two liters of water daily, usually less. Do you have any advice about food and training for the beginner, who never play sports?
    Thank you all
    Have a nice day
    Judy

hamlet_cat
    Participant

Hi Judy: Always keep water with you when you train or workout. I wouldn’t drink sports drink unless your workout is over 1.5 hrs. Unless you train in a really hot climate. Then maybe you need a drink with electrolytes. I personally sweat a lot when I workout, and water works fine for me. Signs of dehydration for me are usually headaches, dry mouth and sometimes dizziness. And I usually drink a lot water if I start to feel this way. For food, you need a reasonable amount of carbohydrates and proteins. I function best when I eat meat at at least one meal a day. I think for endurance training it is best to stay up at 0.8 grams of protein/pound of body weight. Food is usually a personal thing, people find what works for them and what doesn’t. I really like low GI foods because I find that I have a constant amount of energy throughout the day regardless of whether I am working out or not. Low GI founds are basically foods that aren’t high in refined sugars. I hope that helps.

danieljw
    Participant

Hi, Judy.
    Part of this great triathlon experience is learning how to train, how to eat, how to drink, how to recover, how to efficiently swim, how to suppliment, how to purchase expensive bike equipment, how to measure my body’s response to exercise loads……shall I go on? To me it seems much like a science project and I’m both the scientist and the lab rat! But there is a wealth of information on the web (sites like Trifuel and others), books and magazines all with good information for the novice. Good luck with your health and fitness journey. Triathlon is an awesome vehicle for that journey. Oh, by the way, I love your accent!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Health/Nutrition’ is closed to new topics and replies.