— Forum Discussions —

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tamara's picture
Eagleman 2012 -- Driver needed

So I've been absent from Trifuel for a million years, but in need of assistance so I'm popping in. (My daughter just turned 2 and put a real dent in my life as a triathlete. However, I'm jumping back in with a sprint and a HIM this year...here goes nothin'!)

Anyway, my husband is registered for Eagleman this coming June. Unfortunately, he forgot to make hotel reservations and so now the only place he can find is in Salisbury which is 30miles away. I'd like to go support him but am not keen about rousting said-toddler at 4am to drive her 30miles only to turn around back to the hotel, and then turn around again later in the morning.

Solution we're hoping for is to find anyone else staying out in that area who might give my husband a lift to the start line on race day, and then we can come cheer him on later in the morning and of course be at the finish line.

If by chance you might be in this boat, would you mind responding or else PM'ing me?
thanks much and happy training!

dollfin04's picture
I had the same problem....it

I had the same problem....it took me like two hours to find a hotel. I'm staying at the Hampton Inn in Salisbury, where are you guys staying?

Tamara's picture
Yep, that's where we are at!

Yep, that's where we are at!

dollfin04's picture
I had the same problem when

I had the same problem when I raced it last year, you'd think I would have learned my lesson.

Tamara's picture
Ugh. Well, if you're up for

Ugh. Well, if you're up for carpooling on race day morning, let me know. thanks!

dollfin04's picture
Yeah def. Do you want to

Yeah def. Do you want to meet up at the Expo/Check in the day before or something? (Just so I'm not riding with a stranger at 4 am) I'll be there with my husband, son (who's 6) and my mom. I don't get on here that often so shoot me an email if you still need a driver (dollfin04@hotmail.com).

? Top