Here is your chance to start working on strengthening your core for the upcoming tri season.
This time around I am going to focus on new types of core exercises. I just started using the TRX training system and it seems to have a lot of potential for more complex movements.
The new challenge will begin this Wednesday, February 29.
The challenge is open to any and all. Participate and post as much or as little as you would like. Even if you only work the abs a few days a week you are welcome. It seems each new challenge brings a few new regulars and it really seems to motivate those involved. It is also a great place to get a little more personal with some members and share anything at all about your training or life in general.
Any exercise that targets the abs, obliques, and lower back is what it is about. Make your own judgment as to the validity of your exercise.
1. 100 reps = 1 point.
2. 1 minute of timed exercises(planks etc.) = 50 reps.
3. Core specific exercises only. Abs, obliques, lower back.
4. Begin Wednesday, February 29 and End April 9th (The 9th counts for total pts).
5. You are NOT out if you miss a day, but the goal is to work the core as much as possible or more frequently than ever before for 50 straight days.
6. On this thread, we can post our daily or weekly totals and share routines/results. etc.
7. The picture page can be used for those interested in before and after pics.
8. Determine the added worth of certain exercises and give yourself the extra points.
Ex. Reverse roman chair leg raises might be worth double. So 50 = 1 point.
Good luck to all.