Any Kona Predictions you want to share?
eg. It will be hot, windy, people will crash and burn, some guy racing for an obscure disease will miss the bike cut-off in tears, a dog will wander onto the course and trip up a camera man and it will go viral on Youtube, etc.
or maybe even,
1) Chrissy will win in a new Kona record time, then be busted for some PED offence in her cold medicine.
2) Macca will trash talk his way onto the podium and / or flat out and DNF.
3) Chris L will kill the bike course and be run down by a German on Alii Drive in a photo finish.
4) huge ocean swells will cause massive numbers to withdraw from seasickness and an unheralded varsity swimmer will lead all the way to the Kona airport before being swallowed up by a bike juggernaut leaving him in a shower of thorn needles.
5) Sister Madonna Buder will set a new AG World Record
6) a 20-year old rookie will make it into the top ten and scare the spandex off the Pros
7) some TV Reality Show celebrity will drag his butt to finish in sub-15 hours and declare it to be "the toughest thing I've ever done!"
8) Missy Le Strange will win her AG by 30 minutes.
9) Mike Reilly will lose his voice by sunset and Steve King will step up out of the crowd to finish the show reciting everyone's race resumes from memory
10) trifuelers will spend the day in front of their computers listening to Greg Welch's lame humour and loving every minute of it. Michellie Jones will regale us with loads of personal recollections and sometimes bewilderingly obtuse remarks, Paul Huddle will be funny as ever and Canadian (ray!) Heather Fuhr will bring sanity (and some yawns) to the arena, inspiring us all to greater resolve towards our winter training.
lining up my raceday spectating nutrition as we speak..