— Forum Discussions —

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
jeffgre's picture
Ironman 70.3 Augusta RR and PR

Well, I forgot my red Trifuel t-shirt, so I didn't meet any trifuelers down in GA. But we still had a great time and a great race, and hopefully will go back next year.

http://www.pingjeffgreene.com/archive/2011/09/ironman-70-3-augusta-race-...

dkhartung's picture
nice work. A 23 minute swim

nice work. A 23 minute swim split in a HIM only put you 13th in your age group? What's with you east coast boys in the water? That's wicked fast.

Anton's picture
23 minute swim split? Well

23 minute swim split? Well done and a nice job over all!

jeffgre's picture
The Swim was literally the

The Swim was literally the best conditions you could hope for. The water was cool and perfectly calm like glass. There's a current in the river that probably gave me 3-4 minutes. This was a point to point straight shot with no turns, so no getting tangled up at the buoys. Swimming in AG waves was also a bonus, so there was less mayhem in the water. I loved it! Some of the Pro's went 20 minutes.

vjohnson's picture
Perfect HR profile, steady

Perfect HR profile, steady increase all the way. Way to get'r done!!

jsk85's picture
Augusta is a downriver swim

Augusta is a downriver swim with a current and no turns...it's a swimming speedway. I'm normally a 36-40min HIM swimmer and pulled off a 28 there a couple years ago (current was higher with a recent rain that year). I think my sister did sub-20 that year, haha

It gives you a nice leg up on the rest of the day time-wise.

Nice RR and consistent performance throughout...Augusta has a nice bike course, and although the run is repetitive, the fan support is nice.

Congrats on the PR!

gfd
gfd's picture
Excellent RR Jeff.

Excellent RR Jeff. Congratulations on a great race. Even when I dream of a fast swim it isn't as fast as your real swim.

? Top