— Forum Discussions —

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
TriLiving's picture
Tri Gods looking down on me...

Just had to post about what an idiot I am. I am headed to Mexico for the rest of the week with my wife, so I thought this would be a great time to take my bike to the shop for a litle tune up before Louisville in a few weeks.

Here I am with a +$4000 bike strapped to this totally ghetto bike rack I have. It actually has a missing bolt, yet I still use it with a bungie cord. I'm flying down I-85 at 70 MPH and I hear a thump and look out the back window to see my bike -- gone!!!!. I whip off the highway on to the side and the bike is still attached to the rack which is dragging on the ground held by 1 strap. THE BIKE IS NOT HARMED! It's a freakin' miracle!!!

Best part is I drop a couple of F-bombs in front of my six year old son who is coming along with me. He says "what f-bomb daddy?"

Note to self, GET A NEW FREAKIN' BIKE RACK!!!!

lala2021's picture
LMAO! Glad your bike is

LMAO! Glad your bike is okay! Yes get a new rack dude!:O)

jtrimom's picture
Oh, my goodness! You must

Oh, my goodness! You must have done a very good deed in the past! I am glad the bike made it...your 6 yr old will probably ask his teacher at school what it means too :P

kylie's picture
Oh crazy! You lucked out!!

Oh crazy! You lucked out!! Now just figure out how to explain that luck to the wife...

RV
RV's picture
Wow - Lucky - I know someone

Wow - Lucky - I know someone that had the exact same thing happen - except their bikes were destroyed in a shower of sparks!

Merchant46's picture
Well, you've done and used

Well, you've done and used it then...your one miracle.

Mine was a double eagle. Some get to win the lottery or sleep with a supermodel *sigh*

jeffgre's picture
I hear ya man. I had a

I hear ya man. I had a friend in the car in front of me at the McDonald's Drive Thru. Bam!!! right into the Low Clearance sign. I was right behind and promptly backed my car out of the Drive Thru and went inside to order....Priceless!!

dkhartung's picture
Dude, what are you thinking.

Dude, what are you thinking. You've got a witness who is beyond reproach and a string of f-bombs as supporting points.
Tell the wife you need a new bike for the race and then miraculously fix your "broken" bike.

PrinceofClydes's picture
Nah, just get another bungie

Nah, just get another bungie cord..

Okay, so who's yer pick for Super Bowl winner 2011?

I gotta know, man!

PoC
*books tickets for Vegas*

"What you you get when you suffer? You get results!" - Paul Sherwin

Simon - 529IronMan.com's picture
That's just luck! Best thing

That's just luck! Best thing is now you get to really appreciate the fact that your bike is whole... but get the damn thing fixed!

xc800runner's picture
Merchant46 wrote:Well,

[quote=Merchant46]Well, you've done and used it then...your one miracle.

Mine was a double eagle. Some get to win the lottery or sleep with a supermodel *sigh*[/quote]

My preferred order:
Double Eagle
Lottery
Supermodel (when you win the lottery, you can buy the supermodel, but you can't buy an albatross - at least not on the golf course).

jtrimom's picture
what's a double eagle?

what's a double eagle?

Amphibious Triton's picture
jtrimom wrote:what's a

[quote=jtrimom]what's a double eagle?[/quote]

For shame. :(

It's 3 under par. Usually it's a 2 on a Par 5. I've never met anyone that's holed out a Par 4. BTW this is all golf jtrimom.

AND my order would be
1) Lottery
2) Sex with Supermodel
3) Double Eagle

My theory is if I win the lottery, I'll probably care more about a handicap than a single shot because it will consume ~80% of my free time. Being rich, you'll get tons of meaningless sex with hot women. From past experience, I prefer a "crazy" girl over a "beautiful" girl any day. I only put it above the Double Eagle because I could brag about it to more people that would understand. I mean not even half of the folks I talk to play golf but every yahoo in a fiefdom can procreate (unfortunately).

jtrimom's picture
Amphibious Triton

[quote=Amphibious Triton][quote=jtrimom]what's a double eagle?[/quote]

For shame. :(

It's 3 under par. Usually it's a 2 on a Par 5. I've never met anyone that's holed out a Par 4. BTW this is all golf jtrimom.

AND my order would be
1) Lottery
2) Sex with Supermodel
3) Double Eagle

My theory is if I win the lottery, I'll probably care more about a handicap than a single shot because it will consume ~80% of my free time. Being rich, you'll get tons of meaningless sex with hot women. From past experience, I prefer a "crazy" girl over a "beautiful" girl any day. I only put it above the Double Eagle because I could brag about it to more people that would understand. I mean not even half of the folks I talk to play golf but every yahoo in a fiefdom can procreate (unfortunately).[/quote]

oh, that's a REAL shame...:( I thought it meant something really kinky with doubles of something and spread eagles. GOLF?! pshht, whatever :P

PrinceofClydes's picture
If you date a stupid model,

If you date a stupid model, erm, [b]super[/b]model, you gonna need lotsa money..

- for porters and bellhops, 'cos they can't carry their own luggage! - no delts.

and yeah, I suppose it might be exciting - for an hour or two, but then their inane, brainless conversation would get to me.

I'd rather date a triathlete, PoliSci Major studying at the Sorbonne. I just love the accent, and I know she could carry her own luggage (and spin it up the Alpe d'Huez, while discussing the flaws in deconstructionism) - my kind of girl.

and maybe, we'll [i]invent[/i] the spreadeagle, using bungee cables, and such.

I concur with trimom, golf is for when I'm done with triathlon, in my 80s, say. I wanna shoot my age when I turn 85, right after I win my AG at Kona.

and I will have a brand-new, SECURE roof rack for my unobtanium tribike.

PoC

"What you you get when you suffer? You get results!" - Paul Sherwin

? Top