— Forum Discussions —

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Nobody's picture
Exercising while Intoxicated

I've done it--and I'm sure I'm not the only one. You know, late night, half-way (or all the way) through a six pack or a bottle of wine and all of a sudden one more run/ride for the week seems like a good idea. I've done a 13 mile run while pretty smashed (1:54, too!), but this guy is far a far more dedicated alcoholic athlete than I could ever hope to be:

http://exercisingwhileintoxicated.wordpress.com/

aidan's picture
beer mile is the most I've

beer mile is the most I've ever done... that was a horrible experience that i WOULD do again

this guy is hilarious

TriSooner's picture
I'm assuradely not one of

I'm assuradely not one of the do-gooders he laments, but 13 beers in 13.1 miles sounds awful. However, my crew does have a Beer Mile scheduled for August. I'll post a RR.

TriJayhawkRyan's picture
At least he didn't put up a

At least he didn't put up a 1:30 half marathon and make me feel bad...

jasond's picture
This guy seems to be a

This guy seems to be a slightly more athletic version of Tucker Max. If you don’t know who Tucker Max is, google him and read some of his stories.

aidan's picture
Tucker Max is a great

Tucker Max is a great read... not sure if I respect the guy or would like him in real life, but I sure as heck enjoy his book

Amphibious Triton's picture
Dear god, is Tucker Max a

Dear god, is Tucker Max a world wide phenom? I remember reading about him years ago and thought it was just a cult following.

Loved the story about the first use of KY jelly AND the time he got a gal naked and just walked out on her and then his buddy went in while still naked and he said "heck, the hardest part is getting em naked, it's cake after that". That dude was crazy and funny.

JRH
JRH's picture
would like to try a beer

would like to try a beer mile some time

bennym1982's picture
Has anyone ever been out at

Has anyone ever been out at the local pub/bar till the wee hours of the morning which you'd normally get a taxi or walk it home (e.g. 2miles away), but have decided to run it (feeling all energised from way too much yeast and hops) - then fly home and wake up to discover the next morning it really wasn't a good idea! (aka sore knees and ankles from running in jeans and casual shoes). And I'm not talking about just jogging I'm talking about running as fast as you can till you hit the front door!

em_me's picture
i do a pub run every first

i do a pub run every first friday- approx. 3 mile run broken down into 4-5 bars. The last stop is a salsa bar so we finish out the night with some mojiotos and salsa dancing. Usually about 80-100 people turn out for it so its a great way to meet single runners. Plus it freaks out the tourists seeing a massive pack of slightly intoxicated runners sprinting through downtown. It is seriously the most fun ever :)

cjhoffmn's picture
I've done this a few times

I've done this a few times when work events had me drinking before coming home to work out. I found that getting started was easy, cause everything seems like a good idea in that state. 20-30 mins in I usually feel like crap, but 45-60 mins in I usually start to feel better. I've never actively added more more alcohol when working out, but it might be a good idea to help with long trainer rides! With a nice mojito or four around 2 hours I might just crack the 3 hour mark on the trainer!

-c

KitKat's picture
Oh dear! I've finally met my

Oh dear! I've finally met my other half :)
Last winter I had a few trainer sessions with red wine and Bad Santa. I've found my threshold to be 2 glasses in 60 mins at zone 2-3. I develop acid reflux shortly there after. 90 mins and I've fallen off the trainer. Don't ask how many data samples I have. It's not a proud moment :p

Amphibious Triton's picture
Now that's the type of

Now that's the type of KitKat post I remember from last year from right when I joined. Welcome back.....for real. :)

Anton's picture
I'm a cheap drunk. One beer

I'm a cheap drunk. One beer and I wouldn't even be able to put my shoes on...
In my youth however...there were quite a few big walls and notorious alpine death climbs done while chemically enhanced.
In retrospect...I'm lucky to be here.

? Top