— Forum Discussions —

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tamara's picture
What the *#$^% -- ToC coverage on Vs

Am I the only one who was completely ticked off at Vs. yesterday. Tour of Cali coverage is only from 5-7pm on the East Coast, which means it's live. So, yesterday...at about 6:45 they start warning us that at 7pm they'll be cutting over to the Stanley Cup playoffs.

At 6:59 there's less than 2K to go in the race, and it's a barnburner...and they cut to commercials, opening montage, etc... The hockey game itself didn't start for another 15minutes. SERIOUSLY??? They couldn't have stayed with the Tour for another 2 or 3 minutes? SO ticked off.

Amphibious Triton's picture
Yeah. It pissed me off too.

Yeah. It pissed me off too.

PrinceofClydes's picture
I felt the same

I felt the same disappointment with TSN last night when the program guide said NBA playoffs and they showed the Sharks - Hawks hockey game instead!

Shades of the Heidi Bowl!

"1968
Yup, the "Heidi Game'' in 1968, when the network missed the finale off a wild Jets-Raiders game to start the TV movie "Heidi'' on schedule at 7 pm

PoC

"What you you get when you suffer? You get results!" - Paul Sherwin

The Hoff's picture
Lance was not very happy

Lance was not very happy either:

Who's the dumbass @versustv that cut off @AmgenTourofCali coverage w/ a mile to go for pregame hockey?? #pathetic

http://twitter.com/LanceArmstrong

dkhartung's picture
Par for the course for these

Par for the course for these amateurs at VERSUS. They missed a bunch of finishes at last year's TdF as I recall. Then they whine about how hard it is to handle live sports, their contractual obligations, etc. Every other real broadcaster has figured out how to manage live feeds, from all the major sports. These guys just make excuses.

Bottom line, while I appreciate that VERSUS is trying to broadcast cycling, they remain a second-tier and second-rate network best suited for showing rodeo clowns and bass fishermen.

PrinceofClydes's picture
Hey! Hey! Don't dis the bass

Hey! Hey! Don't dis the bass fishermen, dk.
Those guys sweat for their art!

All right, they sweat Bud Light, but it's still sweat..

PoC

"What you you get when you suffer? You get results!" - Paul Sherwin

Tamara's picture
fwiw, I sent a complaint

fwiw, I sent a complaint email to Vs, but no reply.

rotorhead's picture
NHL playoff coverage is a

NHL playoff coverage is a big-business deal for them - likely their biggest money maker of the year, and I'm sure contractually that they are required by the league to show the pre-game stuff. If you're from a hockey area you know there are a sh!t-ton more hockey fans in one market than there are total hardcore bike-racing fans. It's a business thing.

Funny....it's the first time I watched a race. With my first tri coming up I wanted to see how the pros do it.

-RH

jnrice's picture
Ok, I totally hear you and

Ok, I totally hear you and get that it is a big steaming pile that they can't cover cycling even kind of reasonably. However, on the flip side I just need to add... "ahhh, you guys get vs. and get to watch cycling? Lucky!"

? Top