— Forum Discussions —

33 posts / 0 new
Last post
snail_male's picture
Xmas cookies. Nine months of training down the tubes in nine mins.

What can I say? I'm weak.

My wife's staff cookie exchange was today and there is so much insulin coursing through my veins right now I think I'm going to have to take a foam roller to my pancreas to keep it from cramping.

And here I thought my improved health would insulate me from these sorts of temptations, but I guess some habits die slower than molasses in January.

Hmmmm... molasses cookies....

So what's your guiltiest food pleasure this time of year?

em_me's picture
i think i ate my weight in

i think i ate my weight in green bean casserole on thanksgiving (and the 2 days after) lol. at least its a vegetable... kind of.

Merchant46's picture
Almond toffee. That stuff

Almond toffee. That stuff might as well come with a glass pipe.

slammy's picture
hey it's a good thing to eat

hey it's a good thing to eat a lot over christmas, it give you an excellent excuse to keep training for the next 9 months

TriSooner's picture
I can polish off a pound of

I can polish off a pound of fudge in one sitting.

cjhoffmn's picture
Yeah, the Christmas cookies

Yeah, the Christmas cookies get me, but the brownies... Oh the brownies...

mwconstruct1972 (not verified)
mwconstruct1972's picture
Sooner wrote, "I can polish

Sooner wrote, "I can polish off a pound of fudge in one sitting."

+1 or the ever present always ready, nestle chocolate chips straight from the bag

Something must be wrong with your training or with your cookies. I have been main lining the chocolate chips for the last 6 months guilt free.

gfd
gfd's picture
Chocolate Chip

Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Beer. Lots of dark wonderful beer over the holidays.

jtrimom's picture
dark chocolate and peanut

dark chocolate and peanut butter anything...practically health food

Semper Tri's picture
Oreo pie. The cinnamon rolls

Oreo pie.
The cinnamon rolls that my Mom makes every Christmas morning. I can down a whole batch, and plan on it hahaha

PJT
PJT's picture
jtrimom wrote:dark chocolate

[quote=jtrimom]dark chocolate and peanut butter anything...practically health food[/quote]

If you combine peanut butter and chocolate in any sort of dessert form (cookies, bars, fudge, etc.), it's best to keep your fingers and hands away from the plate while I'm attacking it. There's a distinct possibility they will accidentally get eaten.

KitKat's picture
Peppermint bark and

Peppermint bark and alcoholic drinks.

SueR's picture
cinnamon rolls in any form

cinnamon rolls in any form at any time, seven layer nacho dip, and homemade fudge just kills me...I absolutely adore eating...

jbinkc's picture
beer and chips! they keep

beer and chips! they keep me going back out for the next ride so i can come home and enjoy them again!

wannakona's picture
gfd wrote:Chocolate Chip

[quote=gfd]Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Beer. Lots of dark wonderful beer over the holidays.[/quote]
Garen we have the same taste in guilty pleasures:
Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Beer. Lots of dark wonderful beer over the holidays.

Konstantin
www.TriBug.com

spacemonkey's picture
My husbands Aunt makes these

My husbands Aunt makes these cinnamon rolls with orange juice/sweetened condensed milk drizzled over it at Thanksgiving...it goes downhill from there.
Hot Artichoke dip with fresh baked french bread.....Oh MY!

csaf31's picture
Guiness--A gift to the

Guiness--A gift to the world
Pinot Noir--A joy to behold
Fried foods-They always seem to be more plentiful this time of year.

MillMan221's picture
Oreos. Chocolate in any

Oreos.

Chocolate in any form (at ate most of mu kids' Halloween candy ... oh, the rapture of Snickers and Dark Chocolate).

Peanut Butter (but this is a staple food for me even during training season.)

Desserts - I seldom eat dessert except for the last few weeks of course.

The skin off roasted chicken or turkey - crispy and heavenly...

kaolelo's picture
tofurky? we did buy these

tofurky? we did buy these otter pops for my older daughter, and i can't resist at least one a night. i justify it because they're something like 20 calories. i know, i'm pretty boring.

IthinkIcan's picture
mwconstruct1972 wrote: the

[quote=mwconstruct1972] the ever present always ready, nestle chocolate chips straight from the bag
[/quote]
Make that a bag kept in the freezer and I'm there.

manesau's picture
Anything with Chex cereal -

Anything with Chex cereal - chex mix, puppy chow, etc. So good. And fortified with vitamins!

Ironmom's picture
Cookies, any kind of

Cookies, any kind of cookies. I come by it honestly, we called my dad the "Cookie Monster" all the years of my childhood. That man can not keep his hands out of a cookie jar. And he's still healthy as a horse and fit as a fiddle at 75, so I am hopeful that cookies will not be my demise.

jenez_world's picture
chocolate obsession

chocolate obsession icecream, turkish delight icecream, cookie cream commotion icecream. any icecream.

jtrimom's picture
jenez_world wrote:chocolate

[quote=jenez_world]chocolate obsession icecream, turkish delight icecream, cookie cream commotion icecream. any icecream. [/quote]

mmmmmm....I had eggnog and apple pie ice cream (2 separate flavors) made by dreyers last night. YUM!

Tamara's picture
My aunt's homemade buckeyes

My aunt's homemade buckeyes every year at Christmas. If you aren't from Ohio State country, you wouldn't understand. The chocolate/peanut butter balls that you can buy elsewhere just don't hold a candle to the real deal.

Peanut butter, butter and powdered sugar. Rolled and dipped in melted baking chocolate & chocolate chips.

Divine. ok, now must call my aunt and ask her to mail me some since our extended family no longer gathers for Christmas. (I can blame it on pregnancy cravings, right!?!?)

knemyer's picture
Last Saturday night, my wife

Last Saturday night, my wife and I (well, mostly me) ate an entire 16" pizza, followed by root beer floats!

MillMan221's picture
Tamara wrote:My aunt's

[quote=Tamara]My aunt's homemade buckeyes every year at Christmas. If you aren't from Ohio State country, you wouldn't understand. The chocolate/peanut butter balls that you can buy elsewhere just don't hold a candle to the real deal.
[/quote]

I grew up on the east side of Cleveland - loved these as a kid.

TonisTri's picture
csaf31 wrote: Pinot Noir--A

[quote=csaf31]
Pinot Noir--A joy to behold
Fried foods-They always seem to be more plentiful this time of year.[/quote]

Oh baby! Two things I never get tired of year round!

Amphibious Triton's picture
PJT wrote:jtrimom wrote:dark

[quote=PJT][quote=jtrimom]dark chocolate and peanut butter anything...practically health food[/quote]

If you combine peanut butter and chocolate in any sort of dessert form (cookies, bars, fudge, etc.), it's best to keep your fingers and hands away from the plate while I'm attacking it. There's a distinct possibility they will accidentally get eaten. [/quote]

Me too. Call me Mr. Reese's Cups. I love the "DUMP" bars though. They taste better than they sound. Mostly PB and Chocolate chips.

PrinceofClydes's picture
jtrimom wrote: mmmmmm....I

[quote=jtrimom] mmmmmm....I had [b]eggnog and apple pie[/b] ice cream (2 separate flavors) made by dreyers last night. YUM![/quote]

My fav. is egg nog in my coffee instead of milk 'n sugar. They only sell egg nog seasonally in my province, Dec 1st for six weeks, that's it.
I highly reccommend it.

oh, and mince tarts, esp. with hot custard.

PoC

"What you you get when you suffer? You get results!" - Paul Sherwin

Star's picture
Tamara wrote:My aunt's

[quote=Tamara]My aunt's homemade buckeyes every year at Christmas. If you aren't from Ohio State country, you wouldn't understand. The chocolate/peanut butter balls that you can buy elsewhere just don't hold a candle to the real deal. [/quote]

I'm not from Ohio, but close enough to have the recipe! I make 'em every holiday and they go like hotcakes.

Then I start baking everything from my mom's candy cane recipe to my husband's Swiss "Brunsli," and it's all downhill from there. Of course when it's cold enough, we make authentic Swiss fondue. Oh how I wish it would get cold in Florida...

Pages

? Top