— Forum Discussions —

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
TonisTri's picture
Anyone do the Devilman?

Has anybody done the Devilman in NJ? This race is just shy of a half ironman (S=.9 B=40 R=8.8)and i am thinking of using it for a training day for RI70.3 later in the season. Any thoughts/details are appreciated. Thanks, ~Toni

macker's picture
I did it when it was a full

I did it when it was a full half IM in 2006. I am sure the race has changed, but then the swim was rough b/c of so much 'crap' in the water, it was merky and just odd. I bet it is better now though. Bike was not too bad. Some wind if i recall, relatively flat. Run was flat too...got hot even though it was early may....not a great bit of advice..I am sure you'll get better race info from someone else.

big 3's picture
Take a look at Black Bear. I

Take a look at Black Bear. I guess they got rid of the half iron and added an olympic.
[url]http://www.cgiracing.com/2009Events/BlackBearTri.aspx[/url]

It's a clean swim, tough bike and a good run. Very nice area.

TonisTri's picture
big 3 wrote:Take a look at

[quote=big 3]Take a look at Black Bear. I guess they got rid of the half iron and added an olympic.
[url]http://www.cgiracing.com/2009Events/BlackBearTri.aspx[/url]

It's a clean swim, tough bike and a good run. Very nice area.[/quote]

Black Bear looks beautiful. I should put that one on my list. I am intrigued by the odd distance of the Devilman, and the date is good on my racing calendar. But now two people are referencing the mucky lake. Hmmmm...

beads1985's picture
I was going to do it but I

I was going to do it but I heard the swim was pretty nasty so I skipped it.

gfd
gfd's picture
The Black Bear is excellent.

The Black Bear is excellent. Cold swim, hilly bike, and flat run. What more could you ask for? It is becoming a very large race for the venue. A stright shot up the Northeast extension of the PA Turnpike gets you very close to the lake.

? Top