— Forum Discussions —

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
ddwolpert's picture
Can't Wait Till Sunday

Just about to explode with excitment as we do our first HIM in Austin this weekend.
All the S, B, & R training, twice a days, reading, logging of workouts, skipping out of work, passifying family members, etc, etc, etc, is about to come to fruition. (hopefully!)
My trianing partner and I leave Houston Friday pickiing another coming in from St Louis at the Austin airport for the expo and all it entails, then kicking back Saturday, maybe driving the bike leg, before the starting gun Sunday morning. Can't WAIT.
Only you all would understand. My wife surely doesn't!!! ;)
Thanks for all the tips over the last few months. You guys (and this site) rock.

jtrimom's picture
A friend and I are leaving

A friend and I are leaving Saturday morning and driving to Austin! See you there :)

TriSooner's picture
I've got a small group

I've got a small group coming from Dallas on Saturday (me, one other dude, and some spare non-competing couple). I'm staying at the race hotel - Hampton Inn Austin North - and I'm going to be That Guy that walks around lobby talking really loudly about "Oh that time at Ironman this and that and 100 miler this and carbon aero wheels that." Kidding. I hate that guy and that's why I usually avoid race hotels. I am, though, going to rock out my University of Oklahoma cycling jersey on race day. I feed off of negative reinforcement.

If anyone wants to meet for tequila shots the night before and then help me shave my back, send me a PM and I'll give you my number.

wannakona's picture
Wow, that sounds like fun, i

Wow, that sounds like fun, i wish i could be there.
Good luck guys!

Konstantin
www.TriBug.com

gfd
gfd's picture
Always shave the back TWO

Always shave the back TWO nights before the race. Let's not be making rookie mistakes.
And remember to wash those shots down with some bean burritos.
Good luck to all.

nlamphear's picture
there is a wonderful trail

there is a wonderful trail the laps the Colorado river in down town Austin, great for light runs and watching the largest urban bat colony fly at night. I highly recommend it :)

MillMan221's picture
Good luck to all! Safe

Good luck to all! Safe racing!

RunMDC's picture
Should be awesome weather.

Should be awesome weather. Especially compared to last year. High is forecast at 80 degrees and the low in the morning it will be a chilly 50 degrees.

TriSooner, Wearing an OU jersey is fine this year. Since UT won on Saturday no one in Austin is upset so it is likely that you won't have to hide in your hotel room all weekend.

To everyone who is coming, welcome to Austin for a great, fun race.

mwconstruct1972 (not verified)
mwconstruct1972's picture
Good luck all. Looking

Good luck all. Looking forward to all the RR's.

jtrimom's picture
TriSooner wrote:If anyone

[quote=TriSooner]If anyone wants to meet for tequila shots the night before and then help me shave my back, send me a PM and I'll give you my number. [/quote]

I pm'd you, but I'll skip the back shaving :)

PrinceofClydes's picture
It's all part of the

It's all part of the taper..

PoC

"What you you get when you suffer? You get results!" - Paul Sherwin

beads1985's picture
You start doing tequila

You start doing tequila shots and shaving your back and then the TGGW show up with chocolate GU and then next thing you know people are getting crazy and 'tapering' ;-)

jtrimom's picture
beads1985 wrote:You start

[quote=beads1985]You start doing tequila shots and shaving your back and then the TGGW show up with chocolate GU and then next thing you know people are getting crazy and 'tapering' ;-)[/quote]

that's how we do it here in Texas :)

beads1985's picture
jtrimom wrote:beads1985

[quote=jtrimom][quote=beads1985]You start doing tequila shots and shaving your back and then the TGGW show up with chocolate GU and then next thing you know people are getting crazy and 'tapering' ;-)[/quote]

that's how we do it here in Texas :)
[/quote]

Yee Haa!!

? Top