— Forum Discussions —

24 posts / 0 new
Last post
MillMan221's picture
OT: You look good in spandex? How bout this ....

from a video production email blast I receive. Not sure if aerobars are required...or even allowed...

If you're a Flaming Lips fan in Portland, OR and have always wanted to be in one of their music videos, you may be in luck, so long as you are available all day this Wednesday, September 23, and have no objections to riding nude on a bicycle.

Flaming Lips frontman and chief visualist Wayne Coyne will be orchestrating the madness for "Watching The Planets," a track off the band's forthcoming album Embryonic. The basic concept is best described by this Coyne quote from BikePortland.org, "I’m having one of my giant space bubbles covered in fake fox fur,” Coyne said. “Its going to look like some giant fur egg, and the people on bicycles are gonna sort of be born and erupt out of this fur, vaginalistic thing."

More details on the shoot and the inspiration at BikePortland.org.

PrinceofClydes's picture
Queen did something like

Queen did something like this for their Fat Bottomed Girls album in 1978.
They got 100 girls naked on bicycles to ride around Wembley Stadium for the photo shoot.

[img]http://www.recordstore.co.uk/images/covers/queen/DP0279-300.jpg[/img]

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_Bottomed_Girls]see Wikipedia[/url]

PoC

"What you you get when you suffer? You get results!" - Paul Sherwin

Anton's picture
I had a poster of that! Man!

I had a poster of that! Man! I loved the bikes in that photo!

snail_male's picture
I got a hundred nude girls

I got a hundred nude girls to ride bicycles around my house but then my mom came out yelling and then I woke up.

KitKat's picture
I'm in Portland, I could go

I'm in Portland, I could go for that.....oh wait, I'll be in Interbike for the rest of this week.

TonisTri's picture
Anton wrote:I had a poster

[quote=Anton]I had a poster of that! Man! I loved the bikes in that photo![/quote]

I think Freddie Mercury was probably also looking at the bikes ; )

jarhead's picture
+1 Anton... There were bikes

+1 Anton... There were bikes in the photo? I didn't notice!

mwconstruct1972 (not verified)
mwconstruct1972's picture
What a pity, I already have

What a pity, I already have a prior engagement that day. I suppose the rest of the world can breathe a sigh of relief.

mwconstruct1972 (not verified)
mwconstruct1972's picture
oops...

oops...

jnrice's picture
TonisTri wrote:Anton wrote:I

[quote=TonisTri][quote=Anton]I had a poster of that! Man! I loved the bikes in that photo![/quote]

[/quote]

Freddie probably was. He was gay.

TonisTri's picture
jnrice wrote:TonisTri

[quote=jnrice][quote=TonisTri][quote=Anton]I had a poster of that! Man! I loved the bikes in that photo![/quote]

[/quote]

Freddie probably was. He was gay. [/quote]

My attempt at a joke, hence the "wink" at the end of my post. Is there anyone who does not know Freddie was gay? The band was called Queen, after all. Fascinating that he chose such a heterosexually provocative album cover. But he's an artist, so what do I know?

Warrior's picture
Anton wrote:I had a poster

[quote=Anton]I had a poster of that! Man! I loved the bikes in that photo![/quote]
Yeah right!

jtrimom's picture
TonisTri wrote:jnrice

[quote=TonisTri][quote=jnrice][quote=TonisTri][quote=Anton]I had a poster of that! Man! I loved the bikes in that photo![/quote]

[/quote]

My attempt at a joke, hence the "wink" at the end of my post. Is there anyone who does not know Freddie was gay? The band was called Queen, after all. Fascinating that he chose such a heterosexually provocative album cover. But he's an artist, so what do I know?
[/quote]

ya, and what was his obsession with"fat bottomed girls" anyway? He mentions them in several songs

fastdog5's picture
jnrice wrote:TonisTri

[quote=jnrice][quote=TonisTri][quote=Anton]I had a poster of that! Man! I loved the bikes in that photo![/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks for the heads-up.

beads1985's picture
I didn't notice the bike

I didn't notice the bike either.

I wonder if they were more 'aero' when they were naked? ;-)

BTW- Freddy went both ways, so he loved everybody!

beads1985's picture
Freddie Mercury wrote this

Freddie Mercury wrote this in France after watching the Tour de France pass by his hotel.

"Fat Bottomed Girls" was released as a Double A-side with the song "Bicycle Race." This cut includes the line "Get on your bikes and ride". They ran back to back on the album, and many radio stations played them together. Bicycle Race also contains the line "Fat bottomed girls, they'll be riding today, so look out for those beauties, oh yeah", completing a double cross-reference between the two songs.

Wherever Queen played, bicycle shops sold out of bells bought by fans who brought them to the show to ring them during this song.

Queen staged a bicycle race around Wimbledon stadium in England to promote the single. 65 women were contestants, and they had to race naked. A photo from the race was used on the cover of the single.

"Fat Bottomed Girls" was released as a Double A-side with the song "Bicycle Race." This cut includes the line "Get on your bikes and ride". Bicycle Race also contains the line "Fat bottomed girls, they'll be riding today, so look out for those beauties, oh yeah", completing a double cross-reference between the two songs.

tri-ac's picture
so nice he said it twice

so nice he said it twice

jtrimom's picture
thanks Beads, that is more

thanks Beads, that is more info than I ever thought I would know about those 2 songs (which I like...and my kids ask me to play OVER AND OVER in the car)

beads1985's picture
jtrimom wrote:thanks Beads,

[quote=jtrimom]thanks Beads, that is more info than I ever thought I would know about those 2 songs (which I like...and my kids ask me to play OVER AND OVER in the car)[/quote]

How come your post was so..... normal, and clean? hmmmmm?

I am a big Queen fan and I have a lot of their music on my iPod.

jtrimom's picture
beads1985 wrote:jtrimom

[quote=beads1985][quote=jtrimom]thanks Beads, that is more info than I ever thought I would know about those 2 songs (which I like...and my kids ask me to play OVER AND OVER in the car)[/quote]

I am a big Queen fan and I have a lot of their music on my iPod.[/quote]

LOL!!! I just saw the "taper time technique thread title, and thought..."oooooh goody!"

TonisTri's picture
beads1985 wrote:jtrimom

[quote=beads1985][quote=jtrimom]thanks Beads, that is more info than I ever thought I would know about those 2 songs (which I like...and my kids ask me to play OVER AND OVER in the car)[/quote]

When Bohemian Rhapsody comes on do you play the air guitar and thrash your head back and forth to the beat (a la Wayne's World) while you run? I hope so ; )

Jtrimom, I hope you are teaching your kids so do that in the car!

beads1985's picture
TonisTri wrote:beads1985

[quote=TonisTri][quote=beads1985][quote=jtrimom]thanks Beads, that is more info than I ever thought I would know about those 2 songs (which I like...and my kids ask me to play OVER AND OVER in the car)[/quote]

When Bohemian Rhapsody comes on do you play the air guitar and thrash your head back and forth to the beat (a la Wayne's World) while you run? I hope so ; )

Jtrimom, I hope you are teaching your kids so do that in the car!
[/quote]

That is one of my daughters favorite songs.
I do a little lip sync performance for them and they are ROFL.

If it is playing in the car my wife and I will do the head thrashing during the guitar solo and the kids usually join in.

Woo Hoo! ;-)

PrinceofClydes's picture
Tri-parents are so

Tri-parents are so nerdy..
[img]http://www.geoffwhite.ws/images3/tn_rollseyes.jpg[/img]

PoC

"What you you get when you suffer? You get results!" - Paul Sherwin

TonisTri's picture
PrinceofClydes

[quote=PrinceofClydes]Tri-parents are so nerdy..
[img]http://www.geoffwhite.ws/images3/tn_rollseyes.jpg[/img]

PoC[/quote]

Guilty as charged! But my kids are really happy...

? Top