— Forum Discussions —

86 posts / 0 new
Last post
KitKat's picture
IMC 2009

What's the dilly-o? There's a lot of us racing, isn't there a usual meet up?
Does anyone have knowledge on by-passing the insane international roaming charges?

Toothless's picture
When I went to Canada a few

When I went to Canada a few years ago I just called my cell service provider and for a slight charge they added Canada to my plan for the time I was travelling.

cuds's picture
Text messaging! Always how I

Text messaging! Always how I roll when I travel.

I'll be there, but not racing anymore. Just couldn't put it together this year. Not gonna lie, REALLY excited to be going and not racing :)

I'll be working in the merch tent instead of with Gatorade this year, but definitely there should be some kind of meet up. Morning swim anyone?

Clint-murphy's picture
I will be there as well but

I will be there as well but not racing. My wife and I have volunteered to be Finish Line Catchers for the 7:30 - Midnight shift and then sign up the next day for next year ;-)

Good Luck in the race KitKat.

KitKat's picture
Clint-murphy wrote:I will be

[quote=Clint-murphy]I will be there as well but not racing. My wife and I have volunteered to be Finish Line Catchers for the 7:30 - Midnight shift and then sign up the next day for next year ;-)

Good Luck in the race KitKat.[/quote]

Thanks, my goal is to be finished before your catching :D Shooting for a sub 7pm finish

jonovision_man's picture
Clint-murphy wrote:I will be

[quote=Clint-murphy]I will be there as well but not racing. My wife and I have volunteered to be Finish Line Catchers for the 7:30 - Midnight shift and then sign up the next day for next year ;-)[/quote]

Assuming I actually finish this thing, I'll be in need of catching around that time... :)

jono

TriJTri's picture
Im up there as a volunteer

Im up there as a volunteer as well. Dont worry kat I'll be there to "Catch you". Im on the 4:30 to 8:30 shift. See you around 6pm!

sasquatch's picture
Hopefully I'll be finishing

Hopefully I'll be finishing in the 5-7pm range.... So I may be needing a ctach :)

I'd be up for a meet, but we're staying at a timeshare in Kelowna (as an aside, i hope the roads/drive aren't going to be an issue with the fires), so it would have to be during the day Friday or Saturday for me during either registration or bike-check...

PrinceofClydes's picture
FIRES ARE NORTH of Kelowna

FIRES ARE NORTH of Kelowna presently but there could be newer ones anytime.
[url=http://www.drivebc.ca/details.jsp?eventId=-16548&district=]Roadworks delays schedule[/url]

I suggest meeting at the Peach on the Beach (swimstart) 9am Saturday am. Finish your swim before that if you can, then we might go two blocks South to Smith & Co. for coffee/snack and yak about the day, make plans etc.

I'll be going to the carbo dinner Friday evening and will fly a Trifuel flag on the table usually at the back by the door opposite the MC podium. Join me if you wish, space as available.

PoC

"What you you get when you suffer? You get results!" - Paul Sherwin

panchotri's picture
All right Canadians and

All right Canadians and Canadians to be for a few days. List your numbers so we can follow on-line

zagfan's picture
I'm hoping to finish before

I'm hoping to finish before they start handing out glow sticks and chicken broth, other than that no hard goals.

I'm hearing the water is around 75 degrees right now. I've been on the fence about getting a sleeveless wetsuit so I have more options for racing. I always thought IMC had a cold swim, but I guess it has to do with the water turn over? Thinking the sleeveless may be more comfortable than the full due to water temp. Thoughts?

I'm down for a Trifuel practice swim, I can't promise more because I'll have both sides of our family with us so I'll be spending most of my non-training time hanging with them.

We'll have to make sure we all know what each other is racing in just in case we cross paths on the course. And the Trifuel volunteers will know us to cheer us on, or in KitKat and my case tell us to HTFU :)

bes5920's picture
Best of luck to you all.

Best of luck to you all. Will definitely follow on the web. When you're headed down the canyon and you just aren't sure your x-wing fighter can put the blast in that small hole, listen to the quiet voice in your head telling you to "use the force". Or HTFU or "looking strong" as you prefer.

You put in the time, now have fun! (easy for me to say as I've never done an IM)

Bryce

mwconstruct1972 (not verified)
mwconstruct1972's picture
Good luck all. May the PR's

Good luck all. May the PR's be plentiful.

brittda's picture
zagfan wrote:I'm hoping to

[quote=zagfan]I'm hoping to finish before they start handing out glow sticks and chicken broth, other than that no hard goals.

I'm hearing the water is around 75 degrees right now. I've been on the fence about getting a sleeveless wetsuit so I have more options for racing. I always thought IMC had a cold swim, but I guess it has to do with the water turn over? Thinking the sleeveless may be more comfortable than the full due to water temp. Thoughts?

I'm down for a Trifuel practice swim, I can't promise more because I'll have both sides of our family with us so I'll be spending most of my non-training time hanging with them.

We'll have to make sure we all know what each other is racing in just in case we cross paths on the course. And the Trifuel volunteers will know us to cheer us on, or in KitKat and my case tell us to HTFU :) [/quote]

The 2 times I have done it I have worn my sleeveless suit (all I have). At that temp I personally would get over heated. Both years it was right around 75 which is about normal.

kylie's picture
Mike and I will be there

Mike and I will be there cheering and volunteering as well (with Toni!) We are all heading up on Saturday so we will miss that meet up, but we can't wait to see everyone! I've never been to IMC, and it was Mike's first Ironman back in the day.

I think I'll be catching bikes for a while -- not sure yet though. And whatever I do will probably be with a Trifuel visor on ;)

PrinceofClydes's picture
ironman.ca is not yet

ironman.ca is not yet showing bib numbers, Pancho.

Kylie, maybe you will be there to catch our P2SL, heh.
About 3:45pm I think, depending on winds, temp, smoke, the stars.. and who knows what.

How about dinner Saturday?
I know I will find Libor and he will have his Blackberry.

Geoff White
Vernon, BC
(if you wanna search my number whenever they post them)

"What you you get when you suffer? You get results!" - Paul Sherwin

jonovision_man's picture
I'd be up for that, would

I'd be up for that, would love to meet you guys! :)

jono

kylie's picture
I have sent PoC a message

I have sent PoC a message with our phone number (that will be with us in Canada). This should be a blast :)

KitKat's picture
zagfan wrote:And the Trifuel

[quote=zagfan]And the Trifuel volunteers will know us to cheer us on, or in KitKat and my case tell us to HTFU :) [/quote]

If I can get someone to tell me to HTFU I'll show my appreciation by sharing my ice cream at the finish line. My moma's going to have some waiting for me :) it's a finishing ritual.

panchotri's picture
Got it. can you register

Got it. can you register nicknames like "PoC" White?. I will be "Pancho Villa" What is HTFU?

cuds's picture
I'm sure I'll be sporting my

I'm sure I'll be sporting my HTFU visor on race day so that I don't need to keep yelling it at you lazy bastards ;)

Anton's picture
panchotri wrote:Got it. can

[quote=panchotri]Got it. can you register nicknames like "PoC" White?. I will be "Pancho Villa" What is HTFU?[/quote]
"Harden the f**k up!"
Best of luck to all you guys...participants and volunteers both!

panchotri's picture
HaHaHa! I watched the video

HaHaHa! I watched the video clip in yubtube! HTFU Mates!! For the participants: I hope all your wishes come thru on August 30th. Buena Suerte and enjoy the race. For the volunteers: THANKS!

cayman's picture
bon chance, y'all. kick

bon chance, y'all. kick a$$!!!

toni's picture
I'll be in the med tent from

I'll be in the med tent from 4-8 running the walking wounded area. So while you are HTFU, also make sure you are hydrating like crazy so I don't see you in the med tent! I'd rather meet you all for coffee instead. ;)

Nurse Toni

toni's picture
Dinner Sat night sounds

Dinner Sat night sounds good. IM'ers pick the place so it's copesetic with your nutritional plan and then the time so you can get some good zzzz's in before the big day! Can't wait to cheer you all on !! It's gonna be a blast! And then signing up on Monday! 2010!

jonovision_man's picture
Gonna be a hot one Trending

Gonna be a hot one

Trending toward 32C or so... google tells me that is 90F.

I sure hope that things change before then... it's been a cool summer here in Toronto, I've been training in the low 20's (low 70's F)! Very comfortable. :)

jono

jonovision_man's picture
Race numbers are up! #487 =

Race numbers are up!

#487 = me! :)

jono

KitKat's picture
2126 Yo!

2126 Yo!

PrinceofClydes's picture
#1922 PoC

PoC