— Forum Discussions —

46 posts / 0 new
Last post
UFTriGator's picture
Racing in the buff

If you haven't read the Basic/Newbie forum in the last 24 hours, go ahead and do that now.

There's a 5k in Lutz (near Tampa), FL every September that I did once a few years ago. While I was probably the only person present who watches Fox News as opposed to CNN (following me here?......lots of hippies!), it went pretty well. I ran a 17:10, which back then was a PR. Sorry, jtrimom, no pictures from that race. That's all I have for today.

Anton's picture
Hey Gator! How are "things"

Hey Gator! How are "things" going? Hope all is well and that the service is agreeing with you.
I run with some "CNN watching" old hippies...who did "Jungle Time" in the 60's and 70's.;)
Keep us posted on how yer doin'!

jtrimom's picture
now you're just teasing!

now you're just teasing! :P
On the rare occasion I watch the news, it is only FOX news

jnrice's picture
really? "CNN watching

really? "CNN watching hippies?" oh no... there are much more hippie sources of news out there. Furthermore, I'll be the one to say it, no one should ever trust a single news source for any reason. Isn't that FOX's mantra? Trust us, only us? or something like that.

Diversify! Consider all opinions and make up your own mind. :)

A buddy of mine always talked about making it to a "bare buns race" somewhere. I never thought the idea of running with a lack of support didn't sound like any fun. If that's your thing though, more power to you. I also thought the Buff comment was going to be addressing the issue of a nude tri. Pinning your race number would really be a drag though. ouch.

tri-ac's picture
"FOX" is a bad word in

"FOX" is a bad word in portland...

cogirl3's picture
CNN is so NOT the hippy

CNN is so NOT the hippy souce anymore. I get most of my news from commondreams.org. Now that is progressive or "hippy" as Gator says. By the way Gator, are you watching your boys tonight in the National Championship??

lala2021's picture
I always wondered how they

I always wondered how they run these races in the buff w/out support up top for gals and i would think that it would just be painful for men!? I might do it if i could wear blinders so i didn't have to
see jiggling and flopping body parts!:(

PrinceofClydes's picture
Fox News is not news - it's

Fox News is not [i]news[/i] - it's info-tainment.
:)

Hey Gator, keep on keeping on. Good on yer, mate.

PoC

"What you you get when you suffer? You get results!" - Paul Sherwin

UFTriGator's picture
For everyone wondering about

For everyone wondering about "support" issues.....it was a fairly chilly morning and it was much less.....um.....floppy......than one would think. I actually had a really good time at that race for hanging out with a bunch of flower children.

Oh, and I just got back from a local establishment watching the Gator game (Tim Tebow really IS Superman!!!!) and had one of those nights that makes you say, "Holy $#!T!!!" when you get your bar tab. Oh well, how often does your school win a national championship, anyway? Only about once a year, right? :)

gfd
gfd's picture
They did win and congrats.

They did win and congrats. I am a Penn State fan so I am very jealous. But in my opinion this year there is no clear cut best team. If there was a 4 team playoff starting next week, I would not bet against USC and I can't stand them. The good news is that the BCS contract runs out in 2015. The bowl season showed me that the Big 10 is worse than I thought and the Big 12 was not as good as I thought. The whooping that Utah put on Alabama was crazy. I don't know what to think about that other than they got screwed because it's all about $.

Socket's picture
PrinceofClydes wrote:Fox

[quote=PrinceofClydes]Fox News is not [i]news[/i] - it's info-tainment.
[/quote]

Around here we call Faux News. ;-)

Too bad none of the schools I went to are known for sports of any kind.

Captain Mal's picture
UFTriGator wrote:Oh well,

[quote=UFTriGator]Oh well, how often does your school win a national championship, anyway? Only about once a year, right? :)[/quote]

Yeah. And how often do you get to watch an undefeated team get largely ignored simply because they don't have the BCS birthright while they go and crown a team that's in the "club" even though that team couldn't even run their own table. Again, only about once a year, right?

beads1985's picture
I have run naked before but

I have run naked before but it wasn't a race. ;-)
I will try a race one of these days but I will wait for much warmer weather.

gfd
gfd's picture
beads1985 wrote:I have run

[quote=beads1985]I have run naked before but it wasn't a race. ;-)
I will try a race one of these days but I will wait for much warmer weather.[/quote]

Streaking!!! Everybody's doing it.

beads1985's picture
gfd wrote:beads1985 wrote:I

[quote=gfd][quote=beads1985]I have run naked before but it wasn't a race. ;-)
I will try a race one of these days but I will wait for much warmer weather.[/quote]

Streaking!!! Everybody's doing it. [/quote]

Allegedly!! Allegedly!! ;-)

mwconstruct1972 (not verified)
mwconstruct1972's picture
(No subject)
J.Michael's picture
I can only imagine that cold

I can only imagine that cold water in the swim might pay off on the bike, and that you'd really learn to smooth out your running gait.

Although, if the race was at night, you'd have less chance of a stray glance causing you to break stride. Though the girls would have an unfair advantage............"headlights"......

/oblig sorry.....

Tamara's picture
Must admit, first 3 posts

Must admit, first 3 posts were "boring". Logged on to this thread again on the off chance that Gator caved and posted photos! ;-)

lala2021's picture
+1 what Tamara said! Photos

+1 what Tamara said! Photos please!;)

jtrimom's picture
it's what we all keep coming

it's what we all keep coming back for

diva_mom's picture
still no pics :-( hope

still no pics :-(

hope you're well Gator.

jtrimom's picture
what a tease!

what a tease!

beads1985's picture
Here are some naked

Here are some naked pictures..

Okay I fooled you ;-)

UFTriGator's picture
I wish I was as popular with

I wish I was as popular with the college girls as I am with the moms....

Oh well.....here you go: (I put on a little bit of winter weight....hope you don't mind!)

[IMG]http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t276/mgreene11/speedo.gif[/IMG]

TryScott's picture
Definitely clicking the

Definitely clicking the 'report this' link on that post.

jtrimom's picture
that's just mean :P...and I

that's just mean :P...and I am quite sure that if you posted your speedo pics(from the now infamous thread) at your college, they'd be swooning left and right (and nothing against college girls, but it's all been better in my 30s :)

beads1985's picture
UFTriGator wrote:I wish I

[quote=UFTriGator]I wish I was as popular with the college girls as I am with the moms....

Oh well.....here you go: (I put on a little bit of winter weight....hope you don't mind!)

[IMG]http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t276/mgreene11/speedo.gif[/IMG][/quote]

I have seen this guy at a few tri's and he was dressed with the same speedo.
He might have even beaten me in the swim,...;-)

diva_mom's picture
i wish i hadn't been so busy

i wish i hadn't been so busy with engineering school and soccer to notice there were guys like you in Weil Hall.

oh, and look closely at the smiley cloud/sunshine. that's awesome.

PrinceofClydes's picture
I miss summer so

I miss summer so much.

*sigh*

PoC

"What you you get when you suffer? You get results!" - Paul Sherwin

FrankVerdin86's picture
PrinceofClydes wrote:Fox

PrinceofClydes wrote:Fox News is not news - it's info-tainment.
PrinceofClydes wrote:Fox News is not news - it's info-tainment.

_________
réduction nespresso

Warrior's picture
I have seen Sharon in a

I have seen Sharon in a bikini ( finally ) I don't think I want to see any of the guys here in the buff. But seriously, you guys can race naked? Wow how about a naked Triathlon? That would be so cool. Could making mounting the bike a bit tricky I imagine.
As for the propaganda sites, I don't watch them. But I do see Foxs sister channel from the UK for the Sports..

Pages

? Top