— Forum Discussions —

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
systemsix's picture
want to do a good olympic or half this winter...... any advice?

looking to do a good race somewhere warm this winter. I have the months of Jan and Feb off from work and would like to be somewhere warm and tri friendly.... anyone have any suggestions? I live in NH and it's already in the 30's at night.... I'm over the cold weather.

beads1985's picture
have you tried trifind.com?

have you tried trifind.com?

systemsix's picture
yeah i've been looking

yeah i've been looking around. More or less just looking for someone to recommend a race or a region.... i know sandiego.... i'm looking at NewZeland as well.... i need a kick in the butt to actually pack bags... Thank you though!

lala2021's picture
Gee must be nice to have Jan

Gee must be nice to have Jan and Feb off! What i would do is travel somewhere warm and
train for a race. Maybe Florida Sanibel Island is nice that time of year if you like peace and
quiet if not miami! Have fun sooo jealous!:)

triNick's picture
Not many races in the states

Not many races in the states around in that time frame, look at Ironman 70.3 Pucon for the race and the post race activities.... I did it last year and it was an awesome trip. Less than 24 hours after doing the race I up climbing the local, active volcano...

diluzio123's picture
I'd love to help, but I live

I'd love to help, but I live in MN and I can't leave my house without freezing! I hope you find something, I'd love New Zeland!

systemsix's picture
Me too, I think! I'm

Me too, I think! I'm looking into $ today... doubt i'm gonna be able to afford it.... maybe indoor tri's all winter =( or anyone know of a good training camp? any good experiences recommendations?

Toothless's picture
Gordon Byrn and Endurance

Gordon Byrn and Endurance Corner does a tri camp in Tuscon, but not until March. I know some of those guys and they are very good coaches/athletes. Chuckie V does a camp in Solvang, CA. Last year Peter Reid helped coach.

Carlos Mx's picture
This year there was a sprint

This year there was a sprint and Olympic Tri at Manzanillo (Mexican Pacific Coast) on Feb 23. They still haven't published when it will be for 2009, but I guess it will be in the same week. I guess that we can find out the date for 2009 in a couple of months at www.asdeporte.com/inlife

? Top