— Forum Discussions —

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
davebob35's picture
What is my bike worth

I have upgraded my bike, so now I want to sell my old bike. How do I determine how much the old bike is worth?

McTri's picture
Put it on Ebay. Set a pretty

Put it on Ebay. Set a pretty high reserve and run it for 7 days. Since your bike is only worth what someone is willing to pay, this should give you the most visibility.

Good Luck.

tsilcyc's picture
davebob35 wrote:I have

[quote=davebob35]I have upgraded my bike, so now I want to sell my old bike. How do I determine how much the old bike is worth?[/quote]

What bike? Anything added from stock? Good shape?

davebob35's picture
The bike is a 2004 Felt S22,

The bike is a 2004 Felt S22, I have not upgraded anything on it. It is in good shape, routine maintence has been done, never crashed.

jhudalla's picture
post some pictures. What

post some pictures. What size?

gshuldes's picture
A quick search of ebay shows

A quick search of ebay shows recent sales of similar bikes ... a 52cm 2002 sold for $650, and a 54cm 2005 sold for $950. But as McTri stated its only worth what someone will pay at the moment. I don't like the idea of setting a high reserve ... people don't bid as well when the item says "reserve not met" they think you have unreasonable expectations. List it with no reserve, make sure that you include lots of sharp pictures of it (including any flaws) and give an accurate description, and you will get a fair price.

davebob35's picture
Size is a 54cm. I am working

Size is a 54cm. I am working on getting some pictures of it.

tsilcyc's picture
According to ebay, the Felt

According to ebay, the Felt S22 ranges from 0 - $1525 with an average price of $1076.85 but it does not state what the years are of those bikes. I did a search and found 2006 and 2007 bikes. This one closes in a couple of hours and might give you some indication of what a new version will go for.

[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/2006-FELT-S22-TT-TRIATHLON-BIKE-MINT-CONDITION_W0QQi...

? Top