Swim - long course = 1.2 miles (3 loops).
* Expected water temperature around 70 degrees. Wetsuits allowed per USA Triathlon rules.
* Wetsuits - If you need one, go to www.wetsuitrental.com and rent directly from them for $35 plus $6 shipping.
* In water start. Swim in counter-clockwise position keeping buoys on your left.
Bike - long course - 56 miles (2 loop course - outer loop). Flat and Fast. Open course - not closed to traffic. Use shoulders where available.
* Exit transition area and turn left onto East Avenue.
* Turn left onto Main Street (Route 553).
* At traffic light, turn left onto Cedarville Road (Route 610).
* At flashing red light, right onto Route 670 East (Buckshutem Road).
* Turn right (around mile 13) onto Steep Run Road (Route 633).
* Turn right (around mile 15) onto Highland Street (Route 676). There is a flashing yellow light at this intersection.
* Bottle (water/sport "Gatorade" drink) exchange on Highland Street (miles 15 and 43) - throw old and used bottle aside, slow down, and grab bottle while continuing to ride.
* FYI - Highland Street (Route 676) will eventually become Haleyville Road.
* Turn right onto Route 553 North (this is around mile 20).
* At traffic light in town of Cedarville, turn right and repeat loop.
* Bottle (water/sport "Gatorade" drink) exchange will be located somewhere around town of Cedarville near this intersection (mile 27.5). Throw old and used bottle aside, slow down, and grab bottle while continuing to ride.
* THE SECOND TIME (AFTER THE SECOND LOOP) AT THE TRAFFIC LIGHT IN TOWN OF CEDARVILLE - proceed straight onto "Main Street".
* Right onto East Avenue and back to transition area.
Run - long course - 13.1 miles. Runners stay to the left of each other. Out and back course. All road surfaces. Not a closed course. Flat and little shading. Water/sport "Gatorade" drink approximately every mile.
* Exit transition area and turn left around the Myron L. Powell Elementary School onto Schafer Avenue.
* Left onto Main Street (get over to the right shoulder away from bikers heading back).
* Right onto Mulford Avenue.
* Left onto Iron Bridge Road.
* Right onto Maple Avenue which becomes Jones Island Road.
* Continue past the 2 mile mark of the "short run course" and go to run turn around at approximatley 3.6 miles.
* Head back towards Iron Bridge Road and turn left onto Mulford Avenue which becomes Bowers Creek Road.
* At the "t" intersection, turn left onto Sayres Neck Road.
* Go for about 1/2 mile on Sayres Neck Road and turn around and head straight back to transition area as listed below...
* Turn right back onto Bowers Creek Road.
* Turn left back onto Main Street (again, stay over to the extreme left to avoid bicyclists coming back).
* Take right back onto Schafer Avenue.
* Take right around the Elementary School.
* Head straight to finish line.